Chapter 28

Loud shouts from the spectators could be heard as the Shiratorizawa volleyball team came into the hall and warmed up. Right next to these shouts were those of the spectators from the Karasuno, which were a few less.

Hanabi sat on the bench and looked at the Karasuno, who didn't look too weak. Just at that moment, the woman wearing glasses looked over at her, which made Hanabi turn her face away again and see the boys right in front of her.

"Do you know them?" asked Tendou. "Two of them." Wataktoshi said, remembering Kageyama and Hinata. "We shouldn't underestimate them." Tendou said, which Wakatoshi could only confirm. His eyes, however, looked at Hanabi, who was quite calm. Compared to the first games, she probably wouldn't be able to shout out loud anymore.

"You're cheering us on, aren't you?" Tendou grinned, which made Hanabi smile. "I always do." "You seem different." the redhead said immediately and was interrupted a short time later by Tanji. "Don't fall for their tricks! They're strong, otherwise they wouldn't be here!"

"Maybe Tendou should play a little more normally." Semi said, glaring at the redhead. "Huuuh?" "Let Tendou play like he always does..." the old man muttered. This boy couldn't be changed either way and let him play the way he wanted.

"You have trained long and hard and can be grateful to Hanabi that she was able to improve your weaknesses!" Tanji spoke a little louder. "We know!" the team shouted and bowed briefly to Hanabi, who turned red in the face. "N...not...but..." she managed to get out, waving her hands around.

Wakatoshi thought it was kind of cute how ashamed she was and therefore looked at her monotonously so that she could calm down a little. At that moment, Hanabi was grateful and heard how the game was about to begin.

"Shi...ra..tori..zawa!"

The spectators kept shouting, with the students present being the loudest and cheering them on. How much Hanabi wanted to join in, but just couldn't. She had been feeling tired for some time and just hoped that this game was over.

While Wakatoshi took the points, Tendou blocked almost every ball with his instinct. However, the Karasuno weren't doing too badly, as both teams had won two sets and the fifth was now in full swing. All they had to do was play to fifteen points, which they had long since passed.

Impatiently, Hanabi held Wakatoshi's water bottle and towel, which he had pressed into her hands during a short break. Why? Because he knew she needed something to calm her down. Well, it didn't quite work. Time just wasn't passing fast enough for the blonde.

The heat, the smell of sweat, everything was slowly becoming too much for her. A lump formed in her throat as she tried to breathe calmly. She didn't mind the heat or the sweat, but her illness meant she simply couldn't stand it for so long.

Her hands trembled slightly as she slowly stood up. "I...I need to go to the toilet." she said to the two trainers. "What, now?" Akira asked, confused. "Yes, I've had too much to drink." , she lied and smiled as usual. "Nah good, but be back before the game is over." Akira asked. "I'll try." , Hanabi said quickly and simply ran out of the hall and could only feel Wakatoshi looking after her.

Her legs carried Hanabi out of the hall as fast as they could before they started running and Hanabi left the entire building, gasping for air immediately afterwards. Her hand automatically went to her chest as she held Wakatoshi's towel in front of her mouth.

"Don't..vomit..don't vomit..." the girl mumbled and simply swallowed the feeling. As if of her own accord, she leaned against the wall before sinking to the ground and trying to calm down. "Calm down..." Hanabi spoke to herself and drank from the water bottle, feeling like hitting herself.

She just took everything from Wakatoshi, how stupid was she? Well, it was what she had in her hands and simply needed. With all the fresh air, Hanabi began to breathe normally again. Her fingers had stopped trembling, which she was glad about.

But what should she tell her team? That she wanted fresh air after the toilet? Yes, maybe that didn't sound so bad. But what did she say to Wakatoshi? Had he been able to drink from another bottle?

While Hanabi was thinking about these things, she didn't realize that the Shiratorizawa had gone missing and they were on their way to look for her.