Chapter 33

A short time later, after the exams were over and the vacation had begun, Hanabi found herself sitting in her bathroom and vomiting. Her whole body was shaking and her nausea had increased considerably over the last few days. Perhaps it was also because she had been under a lot of stress while studying in addition to taking pills.

But today was particularly bad. There was a small amount of blood residue in the toilet bowl, which Hanabi used to flush it all down. There was no way she was going to give in today, as she had promised Mitsuri she would go shopping. She had promised to do so once the exams were over.

Hanabi slowly got up from the floor and walked to her sink to rinse her mouth several times. She also splashed her face a little wet before she started to cover her dark circles again and slapped some color on her face. No matter how hard she tried, nothing got better. She couldn't put off the operation any longer. She had to do it this summer, before her family and friends noticed.

She had only spoken to Wakatoshi a little. He had told her that he was going to play for the Schwieden Adlers, a professional volleyball team in the Japanese V-League. She had actually been very happy for him, but in a way that her body had been able to withstand.

Tendou had told her straight away that he was going to France to become one of the best confectioners. Hanabi and Mitsuri had asked him to taste his best sweets and had given him great pleasure.

Having calmed down a little, Hanabi left her room and was immediately intercepted by Mitsuri, who smiled brightly and pulled the blonde out with her. "Finally we can see the area properly and go shopping!"

Hanabi automatically started to smile. Mitsuri really was a great person. "Shopping?" asked Tendou as soon as he was standing behind them. "Yes, a girls' day out, so without you." grinned the black-haired girl.

Wakatoshi, who was standing there, looked at Hanabi for a long time. "Be careful." "Huh?" she tilted her head questioningly and began to smile. "I promise." came out of her mouth and wondered why he said something like that to her.

Perhaps he had more feelings for her than he wanted to admit. But the fact that Wakatoshi said something like that right to her face made Hanabi incredibly happy.