And Taerae never felt so free. He took the mic with a smile, searched for his favorite songs. He sang the first one. Gunwook anticipated, a lot, but he was still astonished to hear the man sing. Like Taerae was crazy good. Even when he sang playfully, he hit all the notes perfectly. And who knew that the feeble body could hold such great vocal abilities?

"Come on! Your turn!" Taerae passed the mic to Gunwook who was sitting in a daze. He shook it off with a smile and broke into praising the previous singer.

"Damn! Hyung! You should go for an audition, you're so good!" Gunwook said, taking the mic. Taerae looked a little shy. Hearing compliments about his voice wasn't new, but hearing it from Gunwook felt different somehow.

"Alright, I'll go now .." Gunwook chose his song, "Don't judge me, okay? I'm not as good as you."

"Who's here to judge?" Taerae crossed his arms, "We're here to have fun."

And Gunwook did. Even when he was singing alone, or for the part they sang together, soon holding each other by the shoulders- they did have fun. By the end, Taerae was full on smiling.

And he looked angelic!

"Ahh! I forgot last when I sang so loud!"

"You were loud indeed." Gunwook poked inside his ears, "I'll be glad if I can still hear."

Since Taerae was in a good mood, he didn't hit the other for the lame joke. As they got out of the house, Gunwook asked, "Mind if I accompany you home?"

Taerae narrowed his eyes, "You're not having any weird thought, right?"

"Do you want me to?"

"No! Of course not!" Taerae became defensive.

"Relax then." Gunwook smiled, "I won't. I just wanna talk to you, I guess."

Taerae took a pause before asking, "So you're still trying?"

"What?"

"You know, what you told me that day."

"To date you? Yeah. Why?"

"Is it because you're stubborn or you genuinely think I'm worth your time?"

Gunwook took a few steps to get close to Taerae's face, "Both." He said, "I don't have much to lean towards the second option, so I'll base it on your appearance only." He took a quick look at that face, "Yes, I think you're worth the efforts."

Taerae laughed, "Be a little romantic, will you? You speak everything with logic."

"Well then," Gunwook suddenly grabbed his chin and pulled his face, so close that Taerae could clearly see small sweat beads on his face. "Shall we do something fun at your place, Kim Taerae?"

"What the-" Taerae pushed him, "That's dirty talk!"

"What?" Gunwook shrugged, "I meant we could watch something fun, what's dirty about it?" He smirked, "Ain't it you who's dirty?"

"Just shut up, okay?" Taerae chuckled, "Let's go, if you want."

"So you're up for it?"

"I'll only allow you to escort me home. Didn't say I'll let you cross the doorframe."

"But it's dark and cold."

"Too bad, I don't trust you yet."

"You're too strict with me." Gunwook said. They had satarted walking, probably because Taerae lived nearby. Their little banter filled the road, and it was good. It diverted Taerae from all the hurtful memories. For the very first time, he felt valued. Hanbin had crushed his pride once, he probably slowly regained it. It's not like people never approached him, he never let anyone in. But Gunwook seemed to cause a crack to that exterior wall, sneaking his way into the tender soul of the angelic human being.