"What are you?" I ask next.

He leans in dangerously close, close enough that I could feel his breath fan my lips. I shivered. "One of many Demons." He pulls away, sparing a glance at the crowd. "Which is exactly why no one in this building will touch you, they wouldn't want to start war with us."

I raise an eyebrow, his hands fall from my shoulders with reluctancy. "What's so scary about demons?" I ask, genuinely curious, but with the way he looks at me - I begin to think maybe it was an offensive question. He looked almost shocked, appalled to know that I wasn't afraid of his kind. Then the surprise is replaced with something else, something softer .. and he smiles. Two dimples form perfectly symmetrical to one another.

"May not be scary to you, necromancer. But scary to others. Don't forget we are the second most powerful species, people should fear us."

"Who's the first?" I knit my eyebrows, stepping closer to him without realizing. He drops his gaze to the small gap separating us, his onyx eyes swirling with something mischievous.

"You, you are the first." He grabs my hand suddenly, dragging me into the mob of people. "Dance with me..no, you don't have a choice." He adds when I open my mouth to protest. I frown despite my insides curling with warmth at his touch. We squeeze through multiple couples until we were in the middle of the ballroom, and he didn't waste time before pulling me into him by my waist. Heat pooled in the pit of my stomach, traveling lower.

"I don't dance." I admit, fumbling to the side.

"Just step when I step." He flushes his body with mine, his face dangerously close. If either one of us leaned in, our lips would touch. "Do you know what it is to be a SoulBond?" The question throws me off, I stare at him.

"Do you forget that the Bonder is one of my people?" I throw back, almost offended with the question. Why wouldn't I know what a SoulBond was?

He grins wildly, cunningly. "Is that what you believe?"

"That's what I know."

He shrugs. "So enlighten me then, little necromancer. Do you know about the ritual?" His eyes devour mine, his voice low and calculating as if he knew things I didn't. He did, because I had no idea what he was referring to.

"Stop calling me that, I have a name." I grind, becoming irritated.

"Hm," he seems to think it over. "I happen to like calling you-"

"Would you enjoy if I called you a demon? Or a devil?" I counter, which to my surprise he smirks. His hand that was at my waist was now cradling the back of my head, pulling me closer. Moments ago I didn't think we could be any closer. Every bundle of nerves in my body had exploded, turning into soft gentle waves of electricity. His eyes bore into mine like I was the very thing keeping him alive.

"I would never deny what I am." His voice had gone low and raspy, making me wonder if he was just as affected by the bond as I was. "The ritual-" he begins, pulling away and dropping his hand. "-is a ceremony in front of my people, we both accept the bond and combine drops of our blood in a cauldron of water. It'll heighten our bond, and the god's will be made aware of our acceptance. It'll give them an outlook of whether we truly are meant to be together or not. Do the sorcerers not do this?"

I shake my head. "It's rare to be soul bound with another sorcerer, it's only happened a handful of times and none of those times was I alive." I pause. "And what do you mean accept the bond? Do we have a choice?"