Ch 9: Challenge failure

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" Ice cube questioned.

"Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Ice Cube's on team [eight names at once], and we're not up for voting!" Book said.

"Four meant Bomby is safe! And Barf Bag!" X said, tossing them their slices of cake.

Barfbag got flipped upside down due to the cake, causing some of her barf to land on the cake. You frowned, the cake looked pretty tasty, not that you were allowed to eat it of course. Perhaps you should try baking one yourself?

"And Naily!" X said, flinging a slice of vomit covered cake to Naily.

Naily caught the cake with her foot, causing her to fall off Bell's string. She then landed sharp end first onto Woody, causing him to scream. You ran over, and started to pull Naily off of Woody.

"And Firey Jr! And Spongy! And Donut!" X said, throwing a slice of vomit covered cake to them.

You managed to pull Naily out of Woody's face. The slice of wood stopped screaming when you did that, and stood up.

"Wa wa." Woody said, then walked away.

You stood there in confusion, not understanding what Woody said. But you felt as if he was thanking you.

"Gelatin is safe!" X announced, throwing the last piece of cake to Gelatin.

You then watched as Bracelety got sucked into Four's mouth, while cheering about Ice Cube. It freaked you out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The challenge was to give Four a makeover. He said that today was a special episode since its the fourth episode. There was a time limit of 15 minutes, so there's no way you should run out of time.

"Hey Black Hole! Do you think you might be able to-" Pen said but got cut off by Tree.

"Let me guess, 'Do the whole challenge for me?' You can't just turn off your ballpoint brain and ask this guy everytime. A true winner does his research." Tree said, then pulled out a book from nowhere.

He looked at the book for a bit, analyzing the writing on it. Tree then looked over at Black Hole.

"Black Hole, can you draw?" Tree questioned.

"No, but I can form a ring of highly compressed gas, known as an accretion disk." Black Hole said.

"That's pretty cool, I'd like to see that after the challenge. But I don't think that can help us right now." You said, as Tree threw the book behind him.

You turned around to see where the book landed, only to see it orbiting around Liy, along with some forks. You had no idea why or how that was happening, but Liy seemed nervous.

"Oh no, what's this?" Remote said, trying to sound surprised despite her monotone voice.

"I... I think Lollipop's fork repellant... wasn't a repellant at all!" Liy said.

"Then why did you buy so much?" You questioned.

"If I knew it did THIS, then I wouldn't have bought it!" Liy said.

Suddenly, the pile of forks near Gelatin started to hurl towards the team, and nearly hit Four. To your surprise,  Pillow, Bottle, Pen, Tree, and Remote started to block the forks with their bodies. One of the forks made it past them, and was about to hit Four, until Woody grabbed it.

You watched as three other teams finished their makeover of Four. That's when you realized your team hadn't done anything for the challenge!

"Team Death P.A.C.T.! What're we going to do! If any one of us abandons, there won't be enough of us to block the forks!" Pen shouted.

"Four's gonna fry us!" Bottle said.

"Wait! Black Hole can suck up the forks! Y/n, go tell Black Hole to suck up the forks!" Tree said.

"Okay, I'm going!" You said, running over towards where Black Hole and Liy were.

You ran as fast as you could, since you didn't want your team to be hit by forks for much longer. When you arrived, you were sweating and somewhat out of breath.

"Black Hole... our team needs help. Can you go and suck up the forks so you can save them?" You asked Black Hole.

"Alright, I'm on it." Black Hole said, as he quickly floated over towards the others.

You watched as Black Hole started sucking up all the forks, while Pen took off his cap and quickly drew something on a sheet of paper. Unfortunately, the sheet of paper got knocked out of his hands by a fork.

"Bell's string!" Liy shouted.

Bottle quickly climbed Bell's string, in an attempt to retrieve the sheet of paper that was in the sky. The sheet of paper flew inside of her, trapping the sheet of paper inside her body. Bottle then landed head first onto the ground, while Four looked at the drawing on the paper.

"Mmm. Mm, I'm not sure what to think." Four said.

"I'm pretty sure it's the best one yet! Right guys?" Pen said.

You then heard a lot of booing, you looked around and realized that there was an audience nearby. When they stopped booing, they all stared at you. It made you feel on edge, you didn't like how they were all staring at you.

"'Another name than that' barely wins!" Four announced.

"Death P.A.C.T., exactly one of you is going to go! Not really a Death Pact, is it then." X said, muttering the last part.

"It's an acronym!" Pen shouted.

"What? Better than ours?" Eggy said.

"Help!" X said, although his voice was muffled since he was covered in paper-mache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the whole challenge was completed, you freed X from the paper-mache that team The Losers covered him with. He quickly thanked you, and ran off towards Four.

You didn't know why, but something felt... off? You couldn't quite figure it out, but X seemed to be nervous around you. Perhaps it was because he was trapped in paper-mache for a while. Yeah, that's probably it.

You walked over toward Black Hole, since you wanted to see him form an accretion disk. When you arrived, you got his attention.

"Oh, you want to see me form an accretion disk. Well, stand back a bit. I don't want to accidently hurt you, or suck you up." Black Hole said.

You stood a good distance away, watching as Black Hole floated up in the air. He then formed form a ring of highly compressed gas, and started to rotate it. You watched in awe, since you had never seen anything like this before.

It looked amazing, and you were impressed with Black Hole's ability. You then thought about the elimination, and whether you were safe or not. But you didn't want to worry about that. You instead decided to watch Black Hole continue to do his thing until midnight...