Chapter 43. Moment of happiness when fireworks go up

"Aunty..."

"Ai, Lisa, both of you should come home to eat tonight. Liansheng and I have prepared many tasty foods. If you and Kook come back, his uncle and the others are also around so you can get to know them."

A slight terror flashed in Lisa's eyes, "We, we, already prepared food, so we can't go!"

"Aiya, it's okay, you should still come back on new year's eve..." Du Chenglan continued nagging to try to persuade her.

Lisa turned her eyes that were begging for help towards Jungkook.

Receiving her signal, Jungkook just smiled and extended his face to her, then pointed with his finger. His intention was conspicuous.

The other side of the phone was still persuading her. Lisa gritted her teeth and leaned towards him.

That mean fellow ended up sticking his mouth out. Lisa glared at him furiously.

"Lisa, both of you should just come back, Liansheng and I already..."

Gritting her teeth, she kissed him. It was only then that Jungkook took the phone from her in full satisfaction.

"Hello, mum, I..."

He walked out to the balcony to speak a few words with his mother before he took the phone back inside and passed it to Lisa. The call still hadn't ended yet.

Du Chenglan sounded somehow excited, "Lisa, remember to come home whenever you want, if there's anything you have to do, just let Kook do it. If he bullies you, tell mum, I'll help you take care of him!"

"Okay, okay, thank you aunty."

The two of them exchanged a few more sentences casually before she hung up the phone. Du Chenglan didn't even mention one word about asking them to go home today.

"What did you tell your mum?"

Jungkook's eyes narrowed as he smiled. He shook his head, "Secret."

Lisa gave him an eye-roll. She picked up the food, preparing to serve it on the table, when she suddenly smiled as she thought of the passion Jungkook's mother had for her.

Sehun's mother didn't like her a lot, it wasn't that she disliked her, she just wasn't fond of him coming to find her.

On new year's eve, he only came over for a while yet his mother kept calling him. She never invited her and also never spoke to her.

Jungkook's mother addressed herself as her mum in front of her. Although it was very sudden and awkward, Lisa was truly happy. This made her feel that she was being welcomed and not loathed.

Jungkook's mother and father seemed to like her a lot. If both of them got married, there shouldn't be a lot of conflicts in the family.

Putting the dish on the dining table, she smiled at the thought, then she suddenly turned stiff on the spot. She turned around to look at Jungkook.

"Jungkook, your father is Yu Liansheng." Her voice sounded a little cold. Jungkook, who was standing with his back facing her, turned stiff. He was completely stunned.

W-was the cat out of the bag?

"So you are a rich man's son, no wonder..."

Many questions were resolved at once. Why his father could provide so much news during the court case, why Nancy said he used money to pursue her...

Jungkook saw that her eyes grew red and knew that he was in hot water. Lisa's personality looked like she didn't care about trivial stuff, but for those people that she'd accepted into her heart, she couldn't bear even a single lie.