t w e n t y

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, In Seong made an "oof" sound when Jin Hee jumped on top of him. In Seong's hands grabbed her waist to keep her steady, but he didn't open his eyes. It was almost like he couldn't. "Oppa! Oppa!" In Seong started to laugh as Jin Hee tickled at his hips. "Wake up, oppa! Wake up!" In Seong cracked a small smile as his eyes slowly opened. "In Seong, wake up." 

In Seong wake with a start, gasping for air and wrapping his arms across his bruised stomach. The last thing In Seong remembered was opening his mouth to tell the people in the back of the truck he was going to pass out. He recalled them shouting his name, but the voices were so muffled that he wasn't sure if he was dreaming it. However, what he was dreaming about was the sun.

The same sun he was staring up at, blurrily. 

But Myeong, Dae Hyun, Su Ji, and Jin Hee were all there, enjoying a summer weekend. Nothing had gone wrong – In Seong was still an idol, they had a "long" break, or at least that was dream In Seong thought. 

In Seong's reality returned to him in a flash with Eun Yoo kneeling next to him. Jin Ok was touching and brushing the hair from his forehead to feel for a fever. Hye In had Ji Su hold Bom for a moment while In Seong's head sat on her lap. In Seong's reality was back to him – they were living through the end of the fucking world. They were dealing with monsters. They had just left the "safety" of Green Home. 

They left behind Hyun Soo. And Eun Hyuk. And their lives at Green Home. 

In Seong closed his eyes. "Fuck me." 

"You have a fever, In Seong." Jin Ok told him, pressing the back of her hand on his forehead. In Seong couldn't feel a difference. 

Eun Yoo took In Seong's arms, pulling him into a sitting position. In Seong swayed until Eun Yoo grabbed his shoulders to stop him moving. In Seong let his eyes focus on Eun Yoo's face. Despite the concerned cries from the residents, the soldiers didn't stop to check on In Seong. 

"How long-"

"Five minutes." Eun Yoo said. It felt like longer to In Seong, but passing out from injuries probably did that to a person. In Seong leaned forward, pressing his forehead against Eun Yoo's shoulder. "Big baby." Eun Yoo pushed In Seong away from her, going back to where she was sitting. 

A few choice curse words entered In Seong's mind, but he was too tired to say them out loud. Hye In went to help In Seong up, but he waved his hand at her to stop her. "Just help me lean against the back." In Seong said. Hye In did as In Seong asked. Soon enough, his legs were stretched out in front of him, down the middle of the truck bed. His back was up against the driver and passenger seats. In Seong rested his arm against the wooden seat, gulping harshly. "Anybody got any fucking idea where we're headed?" In Seong questioned softly.

In Seong heard the round of no's. 

That wasn't truly surprising but In Seong hoped that they'd find out where they were being taken without asking. 

In Seong remained sitting on the truck bed, trying not to move too much but the bumps and the sudden turns didn't help. In Seong rested his head on his arm, feeling Jin Ok run her fingers through his hair. It reminded him of Dae Hyun when In Seong was first accepted as a trainee, anytime he found him crying because of the pressure or the stress or even during a breakdown, In Seong would lay his head on Dae Hyun's lap, and he'd run his fingers through his hair until he calmed down. 

In Seong felt safe.

A few more minutes went by without someone speaking until Seung Wan opened his mouth. "The military pulled it off."

"Doesn't mean we're safe now." Jae Hwan commented.

"Well, there wasn't a single monster the whole way here." Seung Wan said.