Chapter 8 - A Little Time For Everything

Chapter 8 – A Little Time For Everything

[Ina’s POV]

“…But now, I think I care about you so much that I want to be with you for the better,”

“What made you change your mind?” I asked. “Because you felt guilty about not trusting me because you believed Kirami?”

“Yes…” he admitted. “But I also believe that I’m feeling something more than that. It’s a feeling that I can’t quite explain very well, but I know that staying with you will make me discover this forgotten or maybe unknown feeling,”

“I don’t know,” I honestly said. “I don’t know anymore,” how could someone be so confusing? It was my fault, I shouldn’t have revived him. I could have prevented bringing this so much confusion in my life.

 I wanted everything to end.

I wanted to kill all the ninjas listed in the bingo book and be free. I wanted to have a life. But a life with Sasori who’s going to join me in my journey? I was not entirely sure if it was something to be happy about. I didn’t want someone not believing me to join me. I didn’t want someone who was easily deceived. “I’m giving you a chance to leave, Sasori. You don’t have anything to do in my life. You can’t be tied down with me,”

“I choose to,” he said. “Just let me join you,”

After thinking about it for a second, I pulled away from him with all the strength that I could muster. I started to walk then halted without looking at him. “It’s your choice, but don’t tell me that I didn’t give you the chance to walk away,”

He didn’t answer, instead he went beside me as we walked to our next destination.

Hopefully, I was wishing that I didn’t make the wrong decision, just like what Sasori did when I gave him choices to choose from.

“Where are we going next?” he asked.

“Sunagakure, Village Hidden by the Sand,” I told and I saw him tensing a little bit. That’s when I realized something, “Your home village?” Sasori nodded. I knew that it was going to be hard for him, and I wouldn’t even dare to take the chance of him being killed. Why was that? I didn’t know. I just didn’t want him to get killed, just like how I didn’t want him to get injured or hurt. “You can just stay outside the village,”

“I’ll go with you,”

“You can’t,” I told him. “It’s dangerous,”

“Who are we going to kill?”

“Someone who isn’t powerful, I can kill him in an instant,”

“I’ll come with you,” he pursued even though I didn’t really want him to go with him. The stake of him being discovered in this village was high. He was a S-ranked missing ninja who joined the Akatsuki. If they caught sight of him, everybody would panic. And it would clearly alarm the Kazekage. We didn’t need the Kazekage as our hindrance for now because I wanted this mission to end as soon as possible.

“You’re safer outside that village,” I argued. “You stay here,”

“Do you really think that I will just stay here and listen to you?” he asked. “We both know the truth, I don’t follow rules,”

“I know,” I sighed. “At least just to say that I tried,”

I didn’t expect for this mission to come in so easy with this person who was living in Suna. There weren’t any other rouges guarding the ninja. He was just a middle-aged ninja who wasn’t even trained to fight someone like me. He was just a worthless middle-aged man to start with.

I looked at the bingo book again and there wasn’t any info about what crime he committed was. Was he innocent?

Surely, the Tsuchikage didn’t want me to kill someone innocent, right?

“Who’s the Kazekage?” I asked him.

“It’s a child,” he answered. “Gaara of the Sand,”

“I heard of him,” I nodded as we were walking to another village. As I last checked, I only got two more ninjas to kill. “The youngest Kazekage in the Ninja History,” When I first revived Sasori, I saw that he was the one who killed the young Kazekage. I didn’t know how he knew that Kazekage was alive.

I didn’t fully know what Sasori’s powers were.

“Something’s not that right,” he observed as the surroundings suddenly blurred. I looked at my surrounding and examined it more deeply.

“We’re under a genjutsu,” I stated the fact. I knew that even without me telling what the cause of this blurry vision was, he knew what we were under.

It was obvious that it came from a powerful ninja to be able to put the both of us into a genjutsu such as this one. Everything around me and Sasori were almost black. A shadowed man was laughing at us whilst we were…burning?

It was hard not to panic. This was how powerful genjutsu really was. Genjutsu was made to make a person feel real pain. It was the same feeling that we were feeling right now. The heat that was getting through my skin was so real that I screamed in pain.

I wanted to die than to feel this.

I only knew of one person who liked playing with fire.

“How are you alive?” I managed to choke out.

“Do you know the person who casted the genjutsu?” Sasori asked through gritted teeth. The level of the fire that was burning him was higher than mine. I knew that I got him frustrated to make Sasori suffer this much.

“I know him,” I responded then yelled again. “What do you want?”

“I’m giving you two choices, Ina,” hearing him mutter my name made me want to reach for my sword and pierce it to my heart. “You go, or your redheaded friend will die. Or st—“

“I’ll stay,” I concluded. “Just don’t touch him,”

“No!” that was the last thing I heard from Sasori. The genjutsu vanished and I was no longer with the redhead.

I was with the man I hated the most.