Chapter 13 - Hiroto's Ability

Chapter 13 – Hiroto’s Ability

[Ina’s POV]

“Do you seek for your brother?” I started the conversation while we were making our way back to the apartment.

“Isn’t he dead?” he asked, sort of confused.

“That’s what I thought at first too,” I looked at him from the corner of my eye, waiting for his surprised reaction which I got when I told him the truth. “He’s alive. He confronted me a few weeks back,”

He stopped walking so I did too. “He’s alive?” he repeated. “How?”

“Someone mastered the resurrection jutsu,” I explained. “I still don’t know who revived him,”

I knew that he was going to ask about the resurrection jutsu, it was a good thing that he restrained himself from asking about Fukkatsu. He instead chose to speak another question, “What’s your relationship with my twin?”

“I guess that you don’t know,” I sighed. I knew that Tamaki cut off his ties with his family when he ran away right after killing his own sister. “I was his lover,”

“And you didn’t know anything about him?”

“I thought I knew everything about him,” I cleared. “My Kekkei Genkai is seeing the past just by touching it. But when I touched him before, I saw nothing. He shielded himself away from me. I still don’t know how he managed to do it,”

“I see that you are still not aware of our family’s Kekkei Genkai,”

I racked my mind for the past memories of mine. I tried to search if I knew what Tamaki’s Kekkei Genkai was. And I felt so dumb for not knowing what it was. “We’re the greatest shield of all. We can shield ourselves if desired, and we can shield ourselves without even trying,”

“Shield?” he nodded.

“If you use a genjutsu on me,” he continued. “I would not be in trance with it. I wouldn’t be affected of your genjutsu, but we can be affected if we chose to,”

“So Tamaki chose to make me see his good memories and shielded his bad ones so I wouldn’t suspect?” I frowned and he just gave me a second nod. “I never thought that I would be so dumb for not knowing what his Kekkei Genkai was,”

“We shouldn’t let anyone know of our past. But please do answer this question, is he going to come back for you?”

“That’s what he told me when I escaped him,” I shrugged, not wanting to talk about that subject. “He wanted me to join him once again, and this time, forever,”

As we were nearing to my apartment, a kunai almost escaped my hand. Almost. It was about to hit Hiroto on the head but I managed to hold it in between my fingers. I looked at the direction of the ninja and saw Sasori standing there, right in front of my apartment.

“What are you doing with him?” Sasori asked calmly, but I knew that he was wondering at the same time. “Isn’t that Tamaki?”

“I’m Hiroto,” the twin answered. “Tamaki’s twin, but I know for myself that I am no one like my brother,”

“What are you doing here?” Sasori interrogated once again.

“The Tsuchikage wanted me to train him,” I said. “His clan is allies with many Kages, he needs to travel the world to strengthen his abilities,”

“I need to be the strongest successor of the clan,” Hiroto added. “And that’s the reason of why I came here. Perhaps you are that Sasori the Tsuchikage was talking about?” Sasori looked at me before giving Hiroto a nod. “Your face is very familiar…”

My heart stopped beating once he said that. Tsuchikage never mentioned anything about Sasori being a S-rank criminal in his office because he knew Hiroto was listening. “Familiar faces always roam such places,” I covered but surely, it wasn’t enough to hide the truth.

“Sasori of the Red Sand, eh?” Hiroto grinned. “You’re the reason why Ina here chose to train me. It’s either she trains me or you die,”

“What is he talking about?” Sasori asked me.

“It’s nothing,” I looked at Hiroto and gave him a pleading look. “Please do not spread this information. I already agreed to train you, didn’t I?”

“Since you asked nicely…” he smirked at me. That smirk was the same as Tamaki’s. But who was I kidding? They were twins, identical twins to be exact. “I’ll give it a thought. I mean, who would want a S-rank ninja in their radar?”

“I’ll do anything,” I pleaded.

“Or I could just kill him,” Sasori glared at Hiroto, obviously not liking the idea that I was begging for something to a man that I just met.

“Then live your life as criminals?” Hiroto asked and Sasori’s glare just hardened, but didn’t give a reply. “I thought so,” Hiroto then smiled at me like nothing serious just happened. “Let’s not train today. I’m tired. Can you just lead me to my apartment?”

“Sure thing,” I said and walked away, with Hiroto following me and Sasori just glaring at Hiroto’s back.

“That guy is dangerous,” that’s the first thing I heard when I stepped inside my apartment. Sasori was just leaning against the wall beside the door, like he was waiting for me to get home. How long was he standing there anyways?  “You should refuse to train him,”

“And have you killed by the Tsuchikage?” I asked. “I’m sorry, Sasori. But that’s not something I’m willing to sacrifice,”

“We can run,” he suggested. “Away from here, away from everyone,”

“This is my life, Sasori,” I looked at him and closed the door behind me. “I’m a ninja assassin and the Tsuchikage is my master. He gives orders and I execute those orders. Without that job, I am nothing,”

“You are everything, Ina,” he stepped closer to me. “You can be something else other than an assassin,”

“I love this job,” I reasoned. “And I earn money for it. As for Hiroto, even if he’s dangerous, I’m not going to fail my mission,”

“I’m giving you a choice, Ina,” he looked at me straight into the eyes. “It’s either me, or Hiroto,”