𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖

Começar do início

What a fucking joke.

The ways of a warrior, Candice isn't made for that.

Not like Lilah.

Never like my Lilah.

But unlike with her, I won't lose Candice. Especially not to some run-away Princess who feels like doing however she feels like. That's why, upon coming back home, I plan on ending these little rendez-vous's they've been having every day. Each one taking longer than the one of the day before.

Just as I feel the determination warming up my chest, a portal opens before us, and Eliza and Damien stand up straight. Immediately on high alert, just like I taught them to be. What I didn't taught, however, is the neutral face of my High Warrior to change into one of concern when the witch and Princess walk through. The later unsteady on her feet until she falls to the ground - Body shaking, Face paling.

"Pandora!" Adonis shouts while rushing to her, grabbing her face between his hands to inspect her. She was only supposed to give some mana to the witch and get out of there as fast as possible, yet she looks like she saw someone rising from the dead. When her body start twitching, Damien tries to hold her as well. All the while continuing to call for her, her body unresponsive as if she's not seeing or hearing anybody around her. 

I take a step back. About to ask the witch, who's hovering over her worriedly, what the hell happened back there, when a shadow flashes past me, and pushes everyone off her. Making Adonis and Damien fall on their asses. We all look shocked as Ciaran gently lifts her head up. A soft push of her chin with one of his fingers. Her breaths coming short and ragged as she hyperventilates. Adonis stands back up, walks up next to me, and I cringe knowing that I'll see pain in his eyes.

I don't understand.

The most well-known fact about our King, apart for his odd love for bloodshed, is that he absolutely despises physical touch. Men and women, he always ends up killing those who he tries to bed with, to see whether or not his curse is still captor of his body. We all know not to reach out for him. 

But, then why is he reaching out to her? I've noticed it before, every time the two of them interact, it's as if a bubble closes them off from the outside world, detaching them completely from all logic and rules. During breakfast, I became annoyingly aware that he had her in his vision. 

As a toy or servant, I didn't care, as long as he was content. It just never occurred to me that he could see her as an individual, rather than what he sees all mortals like: pets. In the long time I grew up next to him, I never once thought I would ever see him caress another person's cheek adoringly.

We're all just bystanders in their world, where they only see one another. And then, he whispers something in her ear to which she slowly nods, and I can practically hear Adonis' heart break when he leans forward and-

What the fuck?

He nuzzles her nose and taps her forehead with his, his eyes remaining fixed on her while she has hers closed. They share a couple of breaths like this, and everyone gapes at them. Only the witch continues to pat her back softly. When her breaths finally calm down, he carefully stands up, taking her with him.

"Are you alright?" The witch asks in concern the moment he steps away from her.

"Yes, I'm fine," she responds weakly,"Thank you,"and I don't have to like her one bit to notice the bad shape she was in a second ago, now that her face is slowly regaining its natural complexion. Everyone goes to check on her, Adonis going last after he regained his composure. He stands up for her during every Council Meeting, yet he has to watch as she steals the man he has loved for the past forty years or so.