CHAPTER-23: Great Expectations

Start from the beginning

"Doesn't that solidify my point?"

"I'm pretty confident in my abilities that none of the students present in the entire Second Year batch is capable enough to take down Class A under my leadership."

"You talk a big game, Sakayanagi

"You talk a big game, Sakayanagi." Katsuragi interrupted. "Our class cannot afford to take unnecessary risks which will result in point deductions. We will stick to a defensive strategy and let the other classes destroy each other."

"Is that how you plan on spending your next three years in high school?" I asked Katsuragi.

"What do you mean, Sharma?"

"I actually agree with Sakayanagi on this matter." I said. "If the class competition allows for our class to widen the gap between us and the others, we should take it without hesitation."

"That opportunity comes with a lot of risk. We simply cannot afford to take that risk. What if we fall down to Class B?"

"We won't fall in the rankings in the first place, I'm pretty confident in my abilities as well. It's a high risk, high reward strategy- simple as that."

"It seems like you aren't just looks, Sharma-kun. Forgive me, but I underestimated you."

"It's always the least suspicious people, Sakayanagi." I said with a smirk.

"You two are going to be the downfall of this class..." Katsuragi muttered.

"Alright, we won't get anywhere with this conversation. How about we put it to a vote?" Sakayanagi asked.

"A vote?"

"Yes. Those in favour of Katsuragi-kun's strategy, please raise your hands."

After Sakayanagi said that, a total of 21 hands shot up into the air, clearly declaring Katsuragi as the winner.

"Congratulations, Katsuragi-kun. You won." Sakayanagi congratulated him. "I hope you don't disappoint me."

"Don't worry too much, Sakayanagi. Our class will be just fine."

"Damnit..." I muttered.

These guys have no idea what's best for this class.

*BUZZ*

[MYSTERIOUS BLIMP WITH A MESSAGE SPOTTED ACROSS DOWNTOWN: SPIDER-MAN, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!]

Hm? What's this? Time to go...

...

ARUSH KUMAR'S POV:
June 1st, Thursday

After Miss Hoshinomiya left, Ichinose stood up and started walking towards the podium.

"Everyone, may I please have your attention? I know all this new information is quite overwhelming, but I wanted to congratulate you on your good performance in our first month. I also wanted to ask you if you'll be okay with forming study groups so that we may prepare for the upcoming midterms. If so, I'll prepare some groups for tomorrow so we may start as soon as possible. I know that if we work hard, we can do great in the midterms."