CHAPTER-6: Ready? Fight!

ARUSH KUMAR'S POV:
April 20th, 2017
1:00AM

One of the best things I've bought ever since getting here was the new Nintendo Switch. It has quite a variety of games to play, like Super Mario Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat or even Mario Kart.

The game I was hooked on, however, was Mortal Kombat. I'd played tons of it, and even had the boys try it out a few times. Safe to say, they didn't like it that much.

I played a few matches online, and as always won most of them. I'm not trying to brag, it is simply a fact that my win rate is the highest in the New Japan Mortal Kombat player base.

My online handle is ArachnoKnight, based on my initials "AK". I had a rating of 2214. Even though I occupied the first place, I didn't always win all my matches. In fact, I lost quite a lot.

TheKnight: gg

SP//dr: gg

And another win. Well, that was fun. But I'm getting tired, so I should probably eat something-

Just one more game...

ENEMY: NONAME

This could be a long night...

NONAME was the second-best New Japan Mortal Kombat player. What really impressed me though was their meteoric rise in the leaderboards. No one had ever heard of "NONAME" before, or even seen them anywhere else, but they suddenly popped up and rose through the ranks. Quickly overtaking the sub-1000 players and then shooting up to the 2000s, they cemented themself as one of New Japan's top players.

Interestingly, their main was the same as mine- Scorpion. They also used the same aggressive playstyle I had, against me. It's quite likely that NONAME watched a lot of my matches online on YouTube, analysing my playstyle and trying their best to find a strategy to beat me.

But it was useless, because in the end... I always won.

TheKnight: [gg]

NONAME: [Do you live in Tokyo?]

Wait, what's happening?

TheKnight: [Why do you wanna know?]

NONAME: [Well, I just wondered if you wanted to meet up and have a rematch?]

What an interesting proposal... If I was being honest, I did wanna meet up with NONAME and see what kind of person they would be.

TheKnight: [Yeah, I live in Tokyo.]

NONAME: [Thank you! What's the closest train station to your house? Since I invited you, I'll come to you.]

We continued to discuss the time of meeting, and the location as well. Agreeing to meet up in the afternoon, we finished the conversation.

Well, this should be interesting to say the least...

...

I woke up from my very short sleep, and yawned loudly.

I seriously shouldn't have played Mortal Kombat with NONAME for so long... Probably should've called it quits after the 10th match.

Oh, well, I'll just have to go to school like this, I guess. I've had more sleepless nights back in my world anyway, this should be lightwork.

Quickly taking a shower and putting on some clothes, I headed to the kitchen and made myself a small cup of coffee. I saw that the boys had already left for school, since I couldn't see them anywhere.