CHAPTER-17: The Meaning Of Friendship

RITVIK ANAND'S POV:
April 25th, 2017 [The day after the bank heist]

As the bell rang, signaling the end of the class, I discreetly glanced at my web watch, the device that often dictated my dual life as a Spider-Man.

"Hey, Anand! What's that on your wrist?" Just as I was about to slip out of the classroom, Kakeru Tobe, the cheerful and somewhat oblivious classmate, noticed the peculiar gadget on my wrist.

"Oh, it's just a regular watch. Nothing special." I tried to downplay the thing.

I can't have him take the watch away for whatever reason.

"No way, man!" he leaned in, eyes wide. "That looks high-tech. Can I check it out?"

"Uh, it's not really something you'd find interesting. Just a family heirloom." I said, trying not to offend this airhead.

Tobe's enthusiasm, however, had already attracted the attention of others in the class. Hayama, Miura, Yuigahama, and Ebina, intrigued by the commotion, approached us.

"What's all the fuss about, Tobe?" Hayama asked, curious about the situation.

"Anand's got this cool watch thing! I wanna see it!" Tobe exclaimed, finally getting the attention of the person I hoped he wouldn't; Ryuuen...

"A watch? Anand-kun, I haven't usually seen you wearing fancy accessories. So, why a watch in particular?"

"Is it weird that I like watches?" I asked rhetorically.

"Of course, not." Yuigahama answered. "But, we're still curious about it."

Feeling the pressure of their collective gaze, I tried to maintain my composure.

"Really, it's nothing. Just a regular watch. Nothing that interesting."

"Come on, Anand-kun! Don't be so secretive. Show us!" Yuigahama said playfully.

Yuigahama, respectfully- RESPECTFULLY... shut the fuck up.

"Sorry, guys. It's personal. I'd rather not share." I said, hoping they'd drop the matter now that I said it's a personal matter.

"Ooh, mysterious~ I like it." Ebina said. "But seriously, Anand-san, it's just a watch. What's the big deal?"

"Trust me, it's not as exciting as you think."

"If it's nothing interesting, just show us then and we'll drop it.."

"I'd like you to drop it as is..."

"Come on, Anand! Show us the cool watch!" Tobe said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, Anand-kun, spill the beans! What's the big secret?" Yumeko asked, getting more frustrated by the second.

"It's just a watch, guys. Seriously, nothing special."

"Oh, come on! Don't be such a buzzkill. Show us!" YUIGAHAMA, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I was beginning to get frustrated with these spoiled pricks. Just how entitled do you think you are?

"Anand-kun, Anand-kun, Anand-kun... you can't keep us in suspense like this. We're dying to know!"

"Look, it's personal, okay? I don't want to share. Just drop it. I am not showing you the watch."

The classmates, undeterred, continued to badger Ritvik. The pressure reached a breaking point, and Ritvik was on the verge of snapping at them when a timely arrival intervened.

"What's all the commotion about?"

The voice belonged to Agrim, who had entered the classroom, seemingly unperturbed by the chaos. His calm demeanor acted as a soothing balm, diffusing the tense atmosphere.