CHAPTER-8: First Request

RITVIK ANAND'S POV:

As soon as class ended, I packed my bags and got up. Immediately, three other people looked at me. they were none other than the so called, 'Prince of Class C' Hayato Hayama, the 'Fire Queen' Yumeko Miura, and some random orange-haired dude with a loud voice, who usually hung out with Hayama.

"Anand-kun, are you in a hurry? We were planning to go to karaoke. Wanna join us?" Hayama asked with a prince like smile of his.

Miura immediately took a defensive measure and clung onto the blondie's hand, slightly glaring at me.

What are you looking at, bitch? I'm not gonna steal your boyfriend. I don't swing that way.

"Sorry, I can't." I said. "Miss Hiratsuka had me join a club, so I'm quite busy at the moment."

Hayama looked interested by my answer, and leaned a little in front of me.

"If you don't mind me asking, what kind of club did you join?"

Without replying, I slung my bag over my shoulder, and got out from my chair.

Miura glared at me, probably not liking a random transfer student ignoring 'her Hayato', while Hayama didn't seem to mind my action, and just smiled at my retreating figure.

I looked back and stared him in the eyes. "Sorry, but that's confidential. I hope you understand."

Without awaiting his reply, I left, probably causing Miura to glare at me even more.

As I left the room, I couldn't see Hikigaya anywhere.

Must've left early for the club. Who knew that someone like him could be punctual?

...

As I arrived in front of the club room, I heard Yukinoshita mumbling about something. She was most likely reciting a story... Not wanting to pause her in the middle of it, I decided to hang out of the room and listen closely to the words of the black-haired demon.

"If you had a friend who was generally popular with girls, what would you think?"

"That's a stupid question. I don't have any friends, so I wouldn't need to worry about such a thing."

I sighed as I listened to Hikigaya's melancholic response. But that does make me wonder... What kind of person is Hikigaya?

He seems like a person who is extremely realistic- no, that's not it... He tries to think of himself as extremely realistic and forces everything that is happening to him on his bubble of realism, even though in truth it's nothing but a fantasy.

"Think of it as a hypothesis, and then give me an answer."

"I'd kill him."

What the fuck, Hikigaya?

"See? Wouldn't you try to eliminate that person?" Yukinoshita asked rhetorically. "Just like a brute that doesn't have any sense. No, they would have even less sense than an animal... The school I went to had many people like that. Although I believe they were pitiful people who could only ascertain the meaning of their existence by doing those things."

Yukinoshita's voice suddenly grew colder than usual, as if she hated everything about the topic she was currently discussing.

That does remind me... Do all these kids only have troubles like this? Being bullied? Being alone with no friends? Is this all they think about?

"When I was in elementary school, I had my indoor shoes hidden from me about sixty times- and fifty of those times it was done by other girls. It was thanks to them that I had to take my indoor shoes and recorder home every day." She sighed.