Chapter 7

[Hundred Years' Dragon War – Orleans / Part 1]

{3rd Person POV}

*TAP*

*TAP*

*TAP*

*TAP*

The sound of boots tapping on a stoney floor echoing across the walls of an empty church...

Glistening golden candelabras illuminated this otherwise darkened hall. The house of God, a place of worship and faith... Was devoid of believers and hope...

''Heed my words''

As the tapping came to an end, a voice spoke in a hushed tone. A soft yet bleak voice, a women's voice, but without anything resembling feminine charm.

''My will creates your body. And your blades create my destiny. If you head the grail's call, and obey my will and cause, then answer me''

Her words echoed with power, calling forth on forces beyond human life and beyond human power. Inside the church the wind picked up, fires of life emerged in the form of magical circles pulsing with power as the one to call their names continued to speak...

''I hereby swear to purify the world of evil. But let your eyes not be clouded by fog. Your minds will be trapped in a cage of turmoil and madness, and I shall be your jailer''

The intensity in her voice ramped up turning from a hushed whisper to a great roar. The power she called upon manifested as chains wrapping all the circles into a binding contract, one meant to twist what was about to be born into something else...

''Seventh heaven clad in the great words of power! Come forth from the circle of binding, Guardian of the scales!''

And so... The magic circles took form. Becoming real mass shaped into a human look.

Several new figures stood before the woman, each a different person on to themselves. Making her full of glee.

???: ''Thank you for coming my fellow servants. I'm your master and I've summoned you for one reason only, Destruction and Slaughter. If a town is celebrating burn it, if a town is mourning crush it... No matter how evil or cruel, God will forgive your every transgression. And if he were to deal out punishment however... Well, that's fine as well''

The women spoke full of venom and spite, poisoning the minds of those she had summoned to share in her hate.

While she addressed the beings called forth by her power, another being approached her. Someone equally as wrong as the woman herself.

???: ''Jeanne... The priest is ready''

Jeanne: ''Ahh, good timing. I trust you've not harmed him, Gilles?''