PANLAS - PT. 2

Awkward exchanges and awkward stares made the room tense. Soon I just lost grip of his hand with my eyes quickly darting with my body feeling as if it would explode in the grave of stupidity I dug myself into. What the hell, I felt like I didn't get enough social interaction through my horrid life. I kind of shook myself, wishing I could at least give some awkwardly embarrassed expression. I looked up once again from the frantic nature I posed myself too. He still seemed actually calm, very accepting.

"Uh...so...introductions needed?" I asked like an absolute idiot. 'Introductions needed,' I could have just introduced myself first. The frustration with myself hit my head. The other just chuckled a bit, going over to his bed across the room. "You're fine, dude. Percy Ramirez. I'm in for mostly nursing and surgery crap. It's good for me, I've always wanted to help people." It was probably enough to process that he was in a room with a complete loser but it felt like he was perfectly fine around me.

"You?" He would watch as I fumbled a bit around with words in my head like a complete moron. I finally gained the wording in my head, but it already hurt enough to even talk with my condition. "Fara...day Tousman. You can call me Fara, Faraday, whatever. I'm in for fine arts...even though..." I had to stop midway. There was horrible, aching pain. No need to speak anymore, it hurt enough to talk. With Open Grinertia it HURT to speak, to eat, basic anything hurt. It felt so awkward.

"Eh, you're okay. I get it. You got the wrong end of the stick, for sure. The actual reason why I'd like to be a doctor." Percy said, now lying on his bed in a truly relaxed position. He was genuine about this. I sat on the side of my bed with my posture horridly slouching and my hands concealing my face. I had to speak through my teeth, stating some obviously dumb point of 'science' that I was told.

"It's surgically impossible. There's no true way to get rid of this." It hurt a little less just speaking and trying not to move my mouth. Not even an inch. Percy turned his head, and I only had noticed because I let my blue eyes peek between my fingers. There was some moment of awkward silence before Percy would speak up again.

"Surgically impossible now, right? We're the people of the future, it'll figure itself out in some time. Y'know, innovation sorts out in days, weeks, even months and years. I think I could fix this, be the next revolutionary doctor. Bring a way to help people like us and very few others out there." Percy said this all nonchalant but in the terms that made it inspirational. Some presumed skateboarding kid taking surgical classes to fix their shared issues and more. My eyes were sparkling in their own way. I couldn't trust this fully, but it just felt like the one-in-an-infinity chance of having Grinertia thoughts I've had all my life crumbled thinking that there may be more out there I glossed over unknowingly. This made everything hurt less, it didn't hurt at all apparently.

"I...wish I could at least try to make an impact, but all artist students are nerds. Especially me with barely any of that talent. I- I think you'd be the best to bring me advice." I spoke with some force to not wince at how much it could hurt. Percy snickered politely at this.

"You should do that daily kinda' drawing thing. Every day, after or even before classes. Document how you feel with pencil and paper. Simplicity like that can help, getting things out and improving skill. It works wonders, my parents even made me do something similar to help with bullying from elementary to senior year." My eyes were practically sparkling to the point I may blind myself along with anyone else in a five mile radius. I couldn't believe how actually genuinely accepting he was. Sure, we had the same condition in a differed variation, but it just felt so welcoming that I actually got good advice. GENUINE, GREAT, HOPEFUL ADVICE!

"Yeah? I-I mean yeah. Thanks-" I had to pause from the aching with my Open Grinertia. I covered my mouth with my hand awkwardly to conceal the pain after I felt. After that small moment of boiling my small bit of anger a bit more I felt the need to speak up again.