Hocus Pocus (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Don: "It's just ..." gestures to the fish finder and stares at it. "not easy, you know. There's so much to do. Between work, you and Kim, I never seem to have enough time."

"It never is easy for a parent who has to play both roles," Annette sighed. But if she had to choose between her ex-husband or her daughter, she will always choose Charlotte one hundred percent.

Terry glanced over at his own daughter. He never really had to play both roles, Rikki always acted like she never needed a mother figure in her life as tough acting and closed-up as she was. His focus was more on work and bills than anything else. Whatever Rikki needed she always found a way to get it. But sometimes he did wonder what it would have been like if there was one in their life, what Rikki would do if she had someone who was. Lisa and Neil were lucky that they had a successful marriage, amazing jobs, and a perfect family. He and Rikki were the complete opposite, but they survive, and they're okay with that.

"You can only do so much," Harrison said. He was lucky to have the money that he does to be able to support Zane. But with the money, the housekeepers, and everything else, it wasn't enough. Zane needed his dad in his life, and he didn't get that until a few months ago. It doesn't matter how much money you have or what you do, there will always be mistakes made; a big one that he will always regret.

Bev shut her eyes. It was always tough hearing their struggles. She might not have been there for this, but she had a feeling she knew what was coming next. And she was right.

Cleo: nods. "Now that mom's gone." Grabs his hand and holds it tight. "I know." Don nods with her. His gaze remains on the table as he puts his other hand on top of hers.

And there it is, Bev sighed internally, a tear threatening to escape. It always was. She is and always will be the root of their problems.

"Now it's starting to connect," Zane nodded. Lewis bumped him in the side. "Dude." "What?" Zane asked oblivious.

Kim wasn't there at the time, but she is now. She held on to her dad's hand tight, and Cleo joined them. "You're not alone, dad," his youngest daughter whispered. "We all feel that way."

Cleo: smiles as she gets an idea. "Do you ever wish things could be different?"

"Here we go. Here's her master plan," Lewis shook his head. "I only wanted to help," Cleo said. "And I specifically said not to use any more of the potion," he whispered so no one else would hear. "Well, you shouldn't have let me keep it," Cleo whispered back. But Don didn't need to hear, he already had an inkling of a feeling as soon as Cleo said 'wish.' That feeling was leading him to believe that Cleo was behind the reason for his new fish finder – she did want him to wish for something – even though he didn't get what she had planned.

Bev remained silent, wanting to hear what he had to say. She wants to know his response. Does he still miss me? After everything I did to them?

"Oh, she's got another idea," Ash perked up. "Let's hope it's not a disaster like the café," Zane snorted.

"We all wish we could change the past, to fix our mistakes. But I don't think magic could fix that," Neil said. "Can magic change reality?" Denman asked curiously. "Well, it can change humans into mermaids, so it's possible," Lewis shrugged.

"You can't always fix your mistakes, sometimes it's best to learn from them," Mrs. Chatham informed.

Don: "Of course." Looks to her with a small smile. "But I'm doing my best, Cleo." Looks back to the table and nods again. "I'll get the job done."

"You seem to be doing a great job to me. You're keeping up with the house and the bills, kids are fed," Terry shrugged. Better than me. "Yeah, now I just gotta keep up with the groceries," Don chuckled. "You are. You're working hard but you're doing great," Annette encouraged.