Hocus Pocus (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Don: walks from the living room and into the kitchen right behind her, looks at the almost empty cabinet in surprise. "It's not there?" Looks over to Kim who places the empty cereal box on the counter. "Didn't we just go shopping?"

"You didn't get the groceries?" Bev frowned at her ex-husband. "Well, sorry. It gets a bit crazy when me and Cleo are working extra shifts. Kim can't do it," Don huffed, narrowing his eyes at her. Besides, I'm not used to having to play both parenting roles. Bev backed down slightly, she knew what he meant. She wasn't around so there wasn't anyone else to get them, to feed her children, her family that she left. She was the reason why their kids were hungry. But Don felt bad, he knew it was partly his fault too. He was so caught up in work trying to keep food on the table that he forgot the food part. In a way, it was both of their faults.

"It's alright, sometimes it happens. We get so caught up in work to help our family," Neil admitted. This was why Lisa was a stay-at-home mom so she could take care of the family, their home, and do the shopping. "We're parents," Lisa told him. "We're not perfect, but we try," Terry added. "It happens to all of us," Harrison said. Which is why the housekeepers now do most of the shopping. "Especially us single ones," Annette mentioned. Though they were all trying to cheer up Don, which did help as he had a sad smile on his face of appreciation, it didn't help in Bev's case, aka, the woman who left her family. She knows she screwed up, she's been watching that for the past five episodes. But how can she fix it? What can she say? Because it seems like it's too late to apologize.

"Yeah, and someone's been going through some food," Cleo gave her sister a pointed look, trying to ignore the conversation the other parents were having. It was hard enough living it, she didn't want to hear the struggles. "Like you didn't go through the same thing," Kim said through gritted teeth.

Kim: and Cleo look at their dad. "That was two weeks ago." Cleo looks back at the cabinet and sighs. "Wait, no. It was three."

"Don, I can pick up your groceries with ours if you'd like," Lisa suggested. "No, no. Don't worry, we'll get a schedule figured out. We went shopping for it as soon as this was over," Don informed. "But thanks for the offer," Cleo gave her a small smile. She always saw the Gilbert lady as a second mother. And if things keep going the way it has been ... it might be as a first mother. The Gilbert family always welcomed them and Rikki with open arms.

Terry grimaced slightly. He knew the feeling, he was a complete wreck when Rikki's mother left. It took a while, but they finally figured out how to run the place. Maybe I could give him a few pointers when this is over.

"That's pretty specific," Lewis frowned. "When you go without new groceries that long, you tend to keep up with it," Kim muttered with a shrug.

Cleo: sighs and turns back to her dad who was walking across the kitchen to the other counter. "Dad, what are we supposed to have for breakfast?" Don looks at the other dishes on the counter to check and see if there is any food left in them.

"You know you could eat at our place any time," Emma told her. "We woke up late. I didn't have time to run all the way to your house," Cleo said. "We live around the block," she replied.

"You can always come to my restaurant whenever you want. Free of charge for any friends of Charlotte's," Annette nodded. "Really? Well ... thanks," Cleo said in slight surprise. Though she didn't really consider Charlotte her friend, or a close one at least, it did feel like they were getting on better terms. Charlotte looked at her mother in surprise as well. "But mom. The restaurant doesn't serve breakfast." "No, but the doors will always be open to your friends," Annette gave her daughter a knowing look. She knew she wanted to try and be better friends with the three girls and Lewis. And she believed it could happen. Charlotte gave her mom a smile in return. "Um, how about sisters of friends?" Kim raised a sheepish hand. Annette laughed. "You are welcomed as well, Kim. And you too, Elliot." "Yes!" the two preteens cheered.