Season 2 - Stormy Weather (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Emma: "You swim like a turtle. What kept you?"

Rikki: "A few more seconds, and I would've had you." Swims to the ledge next to Emma.

Emma: laughs. "Please I beat you easy."

"Ah, good ole mermaid banter. You hear it every day," Lewis sighed in remembrance of all the times he has to hear the constant playful matter. "Maybe for you. This is still new to us," Charlotte scoffed. Try seven years of it, Bella smirked as she thought of what her parents had to hear.

"Hey, that's offensive to turtles," Sam chuckled.

"The tortoise and the hare say otherwise," Ash mentioned. "You're right. More like a sloth, you know, if they could swim," Emma smiled smugly. "Oh, wipe that grin off your face. It's gonna happen to you one of these days," Rikki wiggled a finger at her. "Keep dreaming." "Mermaids," Denman whispered to herself, laughing.

"You are going against an ex-professional swimmer, Rikki. You've got a lot to catch up to," Neil laughed as he shook his head. "Ex? I'm still one of the greatest swimmers around. I just can't do it publicly anymore," Emma defended herself. "Exactly. Ex," Rikki remarked, a smug grin shot back at her.

"My daughter knows the need for speed. I know she can do it," Terry encouraged. "This is never going to end," Cleo rolled her eyes.

"She still has her competitive spirit," Lisa grinned. "Are you kidding? It never left," Elliot grumbled.

Mrs. Chatham and Max chuckled as they glanced at one another, one thought came to their mind. Just like Julia.

Cleo: pops up behind them and swims to the other side of Emma. The girls turn to her when she speaks. "I'm launching a protest. You guys cut me off."

"Oh, look who finally caught up," Kim teased.

"You complain about their banter, yet you joined in," Annette laughed. "Well if you can't beat them, might as well join them," Cleo shrugged.

"You have the whole ocean to swim around and yet your best defense is them cutting you off," Will said.

Rikki: "Cleo, you were so far behind me, I forgot you were even there."

"To be fair to Cleo, she did only start swimming a few weeks after she became a mermaid," Don pointed out. Because of her fear of water, growing up, she never did learn how to swim. It was only because of Emma and Rikki's help she was able to get out of the moonpool that first night on Mako, and then because of her frequent development, she got over her fears and learned how to swim with a tail. "Yeah, for someone who has the least experience she's not that bad," Will admitted.

Cleo: "Winning isn't everything you know."

"Sounds like someone's a sore loser," Zane snorted. "Says the one who lost to Byron," Cleo shot back.

"You're telling that to the wrong people," Terry chuckled, especially his daughter.

Rikki: looks up at the cone of the volcano. "And that is why you're third." Looks back at Emma with a competitive smirk. "I'll beat you on the way back."

Emma: eyes brighten with mischief. "You'll try!" The two quickly duck back underwater. Cleo smiles as she shakes her head at her friends, then sinks back into the water and follows them out, readying herself for another crazy race.

"Here we go again," Sam smiled at them. "You three have way too much energy for this," Annette said.

"You look so done with this," Bella laughed at Cleo's expression. "I was. But I'm used to it," Cleo shrugged. "Why can't you get used to our banter then?" Kim asked. "Because you're more of a pain than they are," Cleo remarked. "Likewise," Kim said as she stuck her tongue out. "But you just got there," Elliot said. "Yes, and we're leaving," Emma told him.