Chapter 26

While they were still on the way, he said that NamJoon had probably been recognized by one of the men as a member of the Dragons. The young woman he was accompanying helped him escape and they got into a shootout. Namjoon was slightly injured and initially went into hiding with the young woman. Seokjin positioned his van close to the refuge so that they would not be discovered. Tae, Jimin and JK got out to bring Namjoon and his company to safety. It took a while until the three of them arrived at the van with Namjoon and the young woman. When Namjoon and the others were back in the van, they took a detour back to the Bangtan Dragons compound to shake off potential pursuers. While still in the van, Hee-Jin examined Namjoon's injury. He had two glancing blows, one to the upper arm and one to the hip. She had the boys give her bandages and tried to stop the bleeding. The young woman helped her as best she could and didn't leave his side. "By the way, I'm Hong Ra-on," said the young woman as she handed Hee-Jin the bandages. Hee-Jin nodded: "I'm Hee-Jin, thank you for your help." Ra-on smiled and wiped sweat from Namjoon's forehead. "How is he?" Suga asked. "According to the circumstances. He was lucky, it was just a glancing blow. However, he lost a lot of blood. It's best we take him straight to my practice." Addressed to Namjoon: "How are you feeling? Are you in pain?" He gritted his teeth and tried to smile. "It's okay." Ra-on had taken his hand and was smiling at him. "Hold on. You can do it." Hee-Jin smiled at Ra-on: "It'll be okay." She went to the others. Suga wasn't happy about Ra-on being in the van and wanted her to get out on the way. He said she was a risk, she could be a spy. However, Heoseok's knowledge of human nature and Hee-Jin's assessment finally convinced him that she was not a threat.

Once on site, Namjoon was taken to Hee-Jin's doctor's office. The boys said goodbye and left the two women alone with Namjoon. After they had taken care of Namjoon, Hee-Jin asked curiously: "How long have you two known each other?" The two looked at each other with a somewhat embarrassed smile. "We met for the first time at a business meeting. She works for a business client of mine as an assistant." Namjoon replied. Ra-on nodded: "This evening we met again by chance and started talking." She smiled at him from the side. "So she had no idea who or what she was getting herself into?" Hee-Jin looked at Namjoon scrutinizingly. He blushed slightly. "Honestly...no." "Yes!" Ra-on contradicted, "In a way, yes." Astonished looks were directed at her. She pointed to his forearm. "I happened to see him moving up his sleeves to wash his hands and that's when I noticed the tattoo." "Were you following me secretly?" he asked in surprise. Now Ra-on blushed. "I...um...I...I found you attractive from the start." "I can understand that," Hee-Jin looked at the two of them with a smile. Then turned to Ra-on: "Namjoon needs some rest now. You'd better stay with us tonight until the excitement calms down again. The men saw you with Namjoon and that puts you in touch with us. You're safe here for now. You can spend the night with me and we'll see what happens tomorrow, if that's okay with you." Namjoon looked at Hee-Jin gratefully. "Thank you," Ra-on replied and said goodbye to Namjoon. "I'll check on you again in the morning. Sleep well," Hee-Jin said goodbye to Namjoon and left the doctor's office with Ra-on.