"Welcome!" Valyria said loudly, her voice carrying out across the stands. "And thank you to all of you that have travelled leagues to be here for these games that I am certain shall go down in history. So I will not stand here and prevent you all from taking part in this fine celebration. May luck shine upon all our combatants here today."

Once more, the crowd clapped and cheered, excited for the Master of Revels to announce the competitors. At first, some of the less well-known knights entered the lists which happened to be the most tedious part of the jousts since those matches passed without much excitement. But a polite smile remained on Valyria's face all of the time since she knew that after the competitors, a majority of the attention would be on her.

Every time one of the knights fell off their horses, were injured or even died, Valyria would cast a worried glance over to Aelia who'd been permitted to watch the games even though Valyria would have preferred to spare her from these gruesome and unnecessary killings. Most of the time, jousts were filled with laughter and excitement, but the deaths really killed the mood. Luckily, Cassian and Daeron who sat on each side of the young dornish princess made sure to comfort her.

"Prince Daemon of House Targaryen," the Master of Revels announced, "the Prince Consort!"

Daemon rode into the arena in his black armour on a black steed, taking in the crowds excitement. This time, he'd opted to not wear his helmet so everyone could see the smug look on his face when he stopped in front of the royal box, bowing in front of his wife.

"Your Grace," Daemon said, loving every second of this, "I think it's only suitable for the future victor of this tourney to carry the Queen's favour."

Fighting back an eye-roll, Valyria stood up and picked up a wreath from the table down by the bannister, one with a scarlet ribbon wrapped around it, and hung it on the lance, "It's been proven that my favour gives a lot of luck to the knight carrying it," she smiled sweetly, "as I am certain you can remember."

Daemon narrowed his eyes, probably not particularly joyous with the memory of Ser Criston asking for her favour when he won the Tourney of the Heir, just after he'd defeated the Rogue Prince. "Good luck, husband — and try to not cheat," Valyria added, sending him a discreet wink before returning to her seat. The jousts then continued with Daemon knocking opponent after opponent off their horses.

Jason Lannister suffered a humiliating defeat when Daemon overpowered him with one tilt. Valyria suspected her husband's reason for choosing the Lord of Casterly Rock as his first challenge had something to do with how the Westerlands remained neutral until it stood clear that Valyria would win against the Hightowers.

Many other great champions were defeated one after one by the Rogue Prince. Daemon's skill had only grown with the years and his marriage to Valyria humbled him enough for him to not be blinded by his arrogance. He'd probably never admit it himself, but it made him a better warrior.

"Prince Daemon Targaryen will now ride against Borros Baratheon of Storm's End!"

Valyria couldn't help herself from thinking about how different it felt to watch her husband compete now compared to all those years ago. Back then, she'd almost hoped Daemon would get knocked off his horse, just for the fun of watching him seeth in anger. Now, each time he raised the lance and forced his horse into a sprint, she'd hold her breath and silently pray for his safety.

After breaking five lances, Valyria could finally let out a huge sigh of relief when Daemon's lance broke against Ser Borros's breastplate, forcing the Lord of Storm's end off his horse. Clapping alongside everyone else, pride swelled inside Valyria's heart. Daemon ripped off his helmet and threw it mindlessly to the ground before riding around the arena, grinning arrogantly as he soaked up the nobles' praises, though his gaze constantly flickered over to the royal box.