CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

THE PRINCESS AND PRINCE OF DRAGONSTONE
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE PRINCESS AND PRINCE OF DRAGONSTONE✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

131 AC, King's Landing

Valyria's challenging eyes remained on Rhaenyra as the princess defiantly remained standing in the middle of the room. All the anger, betrayal and confusion Rhaenyra felt in that moment was displayed on her delicate features that now were twisted into a deep scowl making her look like a dragon ready to burn down her enemies.

"Ser Erryk!" Valyria called, still refusing to be the one to break the staring match. If Rhaenyra thought she could throw a temper tantrum or that she could simply refuse to leave Valyria's rooms when asked she was sadly mistaken.

"Yes, Princess Valyria?" Ser Erryk asked, having stepped in when asked for. His gaze shifted between the two princesses and then to Daemon who watched the scene unfold with a calculating gaze.

"Princess Rhaenyra will leave now," Valyria said, allowing Rhaenyra one last opportunity to willingly leave with her dignity intact. Sensing Valyria wasn't spitting out empty threats, the younger princess eventually caved. Or at least, Valyria thought she did.

Rhaenyra turned to her uncle with pleading eyes, "Daemon, please-"

"Rhaenyra, my wife told you to get out," Daemon cut her off harshly, making his niece flinch at the coldness in his tone. Since she was a child, Daemon always treated her like a delicate doll, with affection or at least the care he only ever showed family members. Feeling humiliated, Rhaenyra stormed through the door and a slightly confused Kingsguard.

"Thank you, Ser Erryk," Valyria politely said and the knight nodded his head, picking up on the silent command that he'd been dismissed.

"We should make sure a few of our household guards stand guard outside the children's bedchambers," Valyria noted loudly, rubbing her temple to ease the growing headache. All the stress made her entire body tense like she was in the middle of the battlefield waiting for an attack.

"I've already made sure a few of your Martell guards stand guard in the hallway," Daemon informed her. The fact that he'd lately been involved in training up their household guards meant that Daemon had some faith in their abilities.

"Good," Valyria hummed to herself, pacing around the room. Daemon mirrored her movements and every single time he tried to reach for her, she'd make a sharp turn in another direction, restricted by the walls. "They are not safe here," she said, unintentionally turning around and brushing past her husband again, too preoccupied with her thoughts. "Not right now."

All of her children were now in more danger than ever before; all of them now direct heirs to the throne they could no longer melt into the background. And with so many forces in King's Landing that now saw her as a threat to be torn down, they became even more exposed.