In Too Deep (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

A few in the audience awed making Rikki and Zane blush; others, like Elliot, gagged.

"Wise choice," Terry nodded, though he disapproved of the kissing.

"That's not a punishment that's a reward," Kim commented. "Kim!"

"What made you stop Zane?" Lewis asked. Inside, he was secretly hoping that Rikki would get an ice cream cone to the face. "I'd rather end our date on a good note, instead of me coming home with it shoved somewhere it doesn't belong," Zane shuttered. "I make no promises as to what would have happened to it," Rikki mentioned.

Zane: "What are you doing later on? You want to come out on the boat?"

"Why do you keep asking her to ride on your boat? There's plenty of other things to do besides boat riding," Terry asked. "I, uh, wanted to show her where I saw the mermaid," Zane said quietly, a bit embarrassed. "Wouldn't that have defeated the terms of 'no mermaid talk?'" Bella raised an eyebrow.

Rikki: faces forward. "Maybe another time."

Zane: throws his hands up in frustration. "You always say that. You never know, we might see a mermaid." Bumps into her slightly.

"Well, I couldn't go on your boat. Riding a boat equals lots of water splashing, equals the risk of tails popping up," Rikki answered. "Besides, the last time I rode on your boat, things didn't exactly go as planned." Emma snorted. "That's one way of putting it."

Neil scowled at the return of the mermaid conversation. It was on Zane's mind so much. Why couldn't he let it go and leave Emma alone?

"For someone who's not supposed to talk about it, you're not doing a very good job keeping your mouth shut," Lewis gave him a look. "Kind of hard to when it's on your mind 24/7," Zane replied.

Rikki: "Zane, forget about the mermaid. I'm not coming out on the boat."

Zane: stops walking and Rikki faces him. "Why?"

Rikki: "Why?"

Zane: "Yeah, why? What is it with you? Why are you always so secretive?"

"Because I've always been like that and I had no other choice," Rikki said bluntly, looking down.

"She's allowed to keep some things to herself. You don't have to know everything about her just yet. After all, you two just started dating," Terry reminded him while also hinting at a warning to not push it.

"Don't pressure her. When she's ready to tell you, she will," Bella said. It took her a little over a week to let her parents know about her secret after it finally settled in that this was real, and it wasn't going away anytime soon. She knew she needed the help and knew they would help her. All those powers and responsibilities can be too much for a kid, and a teenager too.

[Rikki looks away for a moment, glancing around at the jewelry shop they were standing by when she spots something in the window. She rushes over to it and focuses all of her attention on the piece of jewelry hanging on the mannequin neck-stand. A locket.]

"Hey! It's a locket just like yours," Kim pointed to each of their lockets. Rikki bit back a grin to not give it away that it was her locket.

"I don't think it's a coincidence that they're identical," Will mumbled, suspicious of the similarities. "That's because it is," Cleo beamed with pride, spoiling the surprise for Rikki. "Cleo!" "This was the day we were finally able to get all three lockets back together." "The missing piece of the set," Emma whispered to them as she looked down at her own locket, the one from Mrs. Chatham, and smiled.