Chapter 81: Truth or Lie?

Start from the beginning

"Now that we are alone. I should first start off by introducing myself along with explaining my origins. My name is Comet Astrouth-Othime, the firstborn son of Ajan Astrouth, the Patriarch of the Astrouth clan, and Hella Othime, the Matriarch of the Othime clan. I'm originally from the Heavenly Realm, but my parents sent me down to a random Spirit realm after a near-fatal soul injury. The Astrouth Clan and Othime Clan are enemy clans, so when the ancestors finally found out that the patriarch and matriarch of enemy Clans secretly fell in love and had a child, I'm sure you know how things played out." Said Comet while expressing sadness and anger at reminiscing his past.

"Though it seemed like both my parents had prepared for such a day, each of them handed me the most important artifact heirlooms of their respective clan before sending me away. Unfortunately, one of my ancestors managed to disrupt my trajectory in the void between Realms, causing me to get caught up in a dangerous and weird void phenomenon. Luckily, because of the artifact heirlooms, I managed to stay unharmed; however, because of the void phenomenon, my soul experienced time much faster than my body, resulting in my soul becoming out of balance with my body and if it weren't for the uniqueness of the artifact heirlooms I would've died shortly after escaping the void phenomenon." Explained Comet, his eyes conveying slight fear.

'Quite an unfortunate past, but he's only given a reason for why his soul was in turmoil. What about everything else?' Thought Elif while eyeing Comet with suspicion.

"While it seems you have a valid reason for your soul being in turmoil, however what about being able to harness pure Immortal Qi?" Asked Elif, curious at how such a thing could've happened.

"That is because of my Cultivation Manual. When my father was younger, he came across a hidden abode of a powerful deceased cultivator, and that is where he stumbled across the cultivation manual. Having spent years practicing it, I've learned that all the Qi I absorb gets filtered of any impurities; however, in exchange for pure Qi, I take much longer to cultivate, though the strength it provides makes up for the slow progress." Said Comet with a slightly prideful smile.

"If everything you said were true, then you wouldn't mind showing me the cultivation manual, would you?" Asked Elif with minimal curiosity.

"That'll be impossible; the cultivation manual has no physical form; it can only be viewed if you were to read parts of my soul; however, with the artifact active, it'll block any attempts at someone searching my soul. I also can't deactivate the artifact since my soul is still injured, and the artifact is keeping it in a stable condition, and while I could transfer the information to you, I would need direct access to your soul." Stated Comet with a slight smirk.

'Yeah, no. If that's the only way, I'm not interested enough to learn this cultivation manual. If I had brought some memory crystals, this wouldn't be such a problem.' Thought Elif, his suspicion of Comet slowly dwindling the more he listened.

"And I'm assuming the reason why you can summon objects from seemingly nowhere has to do with the artifacts as well?" Asked Elif, realizing everything seemed to be connected to said artifacts.

"Yes. That is everything I have to say. Is there anything else you want me to discuss before I leave?" Replied Comet as he crossed his arms.

"Hmm, no, you've satisfied my curiosity. You can leave now." Said Elif while tapping the armrest of the chair.

___

___

"Hahaha, yes! It worked! That arrogant fool didn't even realize he was lied to! You're the best Gel!" Exclaimed Comet in happiness after having finally arrived at his home.

"While I appreciate the praise, Comet, we are not out of the clear yet; as long as he is still present in this realm, we are always in danger." Said Gel with a slight smile while sitting atop Comet's shoulder.

"Still, with his attention no longer constantly on us, I feel much more at peace." Said Comet with a smile as he lay in his bed.

"Although, unfortunately, the rate at which I acquire system points will dramatically slow down. Not like it's that big of a deal; with the current amount of system points I have, I should be able to reach the late Saint realm, possibly even the early Saint Lord realm! One more step closer to that brat's level." Added Comet, looking at the system with glee.

'Well then, best to start sooner than later.' Thought Comet as he got into a cultivation posture and began exchanging his system points for pure Immortal Qi.

___

___

While thinking about everything Comet told me, I saw the doors open as Idonea walked into the room; however, I only paid her heed once she stopped a few meters before my throne.

"I'm eighty-percent sure." Commented Elif with a slight smirk while shifting his attention to the confused Idonea.

"If I may be so bold as to ask, your highness, eighty percent sure about what?" Asked Idonea, confused why Elif suddenly said something with no context.

"I'm eighty percent sure that Comet lied to me." Said Elif, causing Idonea's eyes to widen before her body erupted with much killing intent.

"I will go kill him and everyone he cares for right this instance, your highness." Said Idonea wrathfully as she quickly turned around and headed for the door, though a large purple palm blocked her way.

"Quell your wrath Idonea; I'm only eighty percent sure he lied; I will not act upon it unless I'm at least ninety percent sure he's lied. Until then, continue to observe him and inform me of anything out of the ordinary." Said Elif with a smirk, unable to tell whether he was angry or happy.

"I understand, your highness." Replied Idonea, though something else was circulating in her head.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 195: Elif's Demise) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 75: The Calm Before The Storm) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 126: Insanity!) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]