Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Lewis: sets his drink down and smiles up at them, clueless to their anger. "Hey guys, what's up? You uh, looking for some more fishing tips?"

"Yes, because they definitely seem in the mood for your humor," Kim said sarcastically. "I think he was being serious Kim. He was just giddy in excitement," Cleo pouted, feeling guilty for giving him that false excitement.

"What's up is their blood pressure by the looks of it," Bella winced, noticing the angry looks on the fishermen's faces. "They look mad," Elliot said a bit worriedly. "Gee, what gave it away? The death stares?" Lewis asked in a deadpan tone.

Don: arms crossed. "Lewis, there's been an official protest. Tuna is a deep-water fish. You can't catch them here."

"I'm just surprised it took them that long to figure it out," Max said. "Oh, they knew it right away, but unfortunately due to the rule book, we couldn't rule it out as cheating unless we did our research first on the caught fish," Don informed. "That tournament is starting to sound worse and worse," Ash shook his head. "Yeah, glad I decided not to go now," Rikki grinned. "That's because you were stuck with me," Zane chuckled.

Lewis: nods his head while eating a chip. "I know. But I did, with my new lure." He picks his curly lure off the table and holds it up to them.

Don: gets frustrated. "That's nothing but a spring."

"I'm glad someone else seen it my way," Cleo muttered. "I know my lures like the back of my hand. And that is not a lure," Don pointed to the screen where the 'lure' was showing. "It'd be impossible to catch a fish with that imposter of a hook. Well nearly impossible if you count that fish bait."

Lewis: "A very effective spring."

"In your dreams," Rikki scoffed.

Don: "Lewis, people are saying you cheated."

"Which you did," Don shrugged. "But I didn't know I did," Lewis exclaimed. "Technically he didn't, Cleo did," Will mentioned. "Don't help," Cleo shook her head at him.

Lewis: raises his eyebrows and shoots out of his chair looking at all of them. "What?! No no, I was standing on the pier, the whole time you guys were." Emma and Cleo walk into the café but step to the side as soon as they hear the commotion.

Nate: "Oh, right. So, someone just swam up and put it on the end of that stupid lure." Points at the suspected object as the other fishermen begin to laugh.

"You might've been up there the whole time, but someone else wasn't," Kim said, turning towards her sister. "Again, not helping," Cleo said through gritted teeth. "It doesn't matter, we know who the culprit is, we know what happened, and we know who won. It's in the past, what's done is done, let's move on," Rikki said, rolling her eyes.

"I'm still keeping my trophy," Lewis shrugged.

"He described it so well, I'm surprised he didn't see you do it," Emma laughed. "The perks of being able to swim quickly yet sneakily," Cleo grinned.

"Cheaters never win," Denman sighed. "Maybe not all the time. But on some occasions, they do," Lewis beamed. He did feel bad for cheating, did he mean to do it? No. Was it his fault? No. But in the end, it did get righted, and everyone got them a big fish, it became fair game somewhat. Cleo made up for it big time.

[Lewis rubs his head in annoyance, trying to figure out how to fix this misunderstanding. He turns around as he notices his friends in the corner as the idea hits him. Now he knows that Nate's little taunt was the truth. He cheated without even realizing it. Emma pulls Cleo out of there as Cleo gives him a guilty look on the way out.]