Hurricane Angela (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Upstairs, Cleo peeks around the corner, searching the hallway for where the noise came from. Hearing the loud, strange noise once more, Cleo turns around to find that it was coming from the bathroom. Cleo opens the door and jumps back a bit in surprise to see a pelican in the bathtub laying in some water. Cleo looks back to the hallway then back at the large bird, looking at it with worry.]

"Wha – Kim!" Bev said, turning to her youngest daughter as the rest of the room gasped in shock. "What were you thinking?! You can't take an injured bird from its habitat! That's illegal!" "You took a pelican from the marine park?" Elliot said jaw dropped, staring at the screen in shock. "Why does everyone always assume it's me," Kim mumbled to herself before speaking up. "It wasn't me, it was Angela."

"And why should we believe that? You two have been at each other's necks for the past week" Don huffed. "Just because I was the only one home at the time doesn't automatically mean I did it. She beat us home before we even stepped foot out of the marine park. And she fessed up to it later on," Kim said in frustration. "All of which is true," Cleo said, holding a finger up.

"Huh, so that explains that answer from earlier," Elliot said, wide-eyed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Cleo walks calmly down the stairs and into the living room, where Kim was still watching her documentary. Cleo quietly sits down on the couch and tries her best to remain calm, clasping her hands together in her lap.]

Cleo: slowly turns her head towards Kim. "Do you have, any idea how much trouble you're in?"

"Now I see why you blamed me for it," Kim whispered to her sister. "After the long week we had and you're talking about wanting a pet, it only made sense," Cleo shrugged. "That must've been where Angela got the idea from," Kim realized. "Well at least we know she listens," Lewis nodded. "Only when she wants to," Cleo scoffed.

Kim: quickly twists around and waves to the TV. "It's only rated G."

Will laughs along with the others. "Somehow I don't think she was talking about that." "Gee, really? What gave you that assumption?" Kim sarcastically said.

Cleo: "Not that. You know what I'm talking about."

Kim: stands up just as Cleo does and they face each other. Squints in confusion. "No, I don't."

Cleo: "Yes, you do."

Kim: "No, I don't."

Cleo: "Yes, you do!"

"She clearly doesn't," Neil said. "I know that now," Cleo sighed.

[The squawking from upstairs gets even louder and Kim immediately looks upstairs, where Cleo was now walking towards.]

Kim: "What was that?"

Cleo: whips around and holds her hands up in anger. "You know."

"No, I don't," Kim giggled, mimicking herself on screen.

Kim: "Is this some weird game of yours, Cleo? Because I don't like it."

"No, just one big misunderstanding apparently," Cleo said sheepishly.

"Kinda ironic that you both thought you were playing games. You two think so much alike," Annette laughed.