🧺DATE 🧺

Branch's Perspective:

What if I just propose? Heh, yeah right. And say what? "Poppy, will you marry me?" Hm. Maybe I could say that. No. The possibilities of her saying no in any way are too high. Why am I thinking about this anyway? That's just so weird. Oh my god. What if someone is reading my mind right now?! That would be so embarrassing! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

"Branch, are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. Heheh... Uhm, why?"

"Well, you're kinda just staring at the cloth..."

"Was I? Haha, that's funny." I look at her face. Her wonderful, beautiful face. How could someone be so perfect? Oh, I love you Poppy.

"Are you sure you're okay? You seemed a little distressed." She is worried about me. She is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Wait, where am I again? Oh, right! I'm on a date with Poppy. What should I reply with? Uhm... uhhhhhhhh,

"I'm always okay when you're with me." Wow, that was smooth, Branch. I'm amazing, aren't I?

She giggles. So cute.

Normal Perspective:

Poppy reaches her hands into the basket she brought for the picnic. She pulls out a sandwich. She closes the basket and places the sandwich on top of it.
She looked around for a small amount of time before frowning.

"Branch, I forgot to bring the knife. Ugh. I can't eat a sandwich without cutting it! It's just... wrong..." She says, staring at the uncut sandwich in disgust. She then sighs. "But I guess it's fine..." She mumbles to herself before grabbing the sandwich and putting it up to her mouth.

"W-wait! I have a knife!" Branch says urgently. He puts a hand into his pocket and pulls out a knife. He holds it out to Poppy.

She smiles and giggles. "Thanks, Branch." She says with a cheeky smile. She places the sandwich down on the basket again and gently takes the knife from his hands.

She places the knife at the very corner of the sandwich and focuses. Branch looks.

"Poppy...? Are you trying to cut it in triangle shapes?" He asks in a worried tone.

Poppy doesn't answer. She continues to focus, her eyes narrowing.

"Poppy! C'mon, you know that's too dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt!" He doesn't want to take the knife away and make her upset, so he doesn't physically do anything.

She starts to cut down. Branch watches anxiously. He watched her cut it very closely. She cut it successfully!

"See Branch? I am a-okay." She says with a smug look before grabbing a piece of the sandwich and bringing it up to her mouth.

"N-no! I wasn't talking about the knife! The sandwich! Wait!" He yells before he gets on a knee and jumps towards Poppy.

"Ah! Branch?!" Poppy yelps as Branch pounces on her. Branch quickly takes the sandwich out of her hand.

Branch is currently sitting on her lower stomach. He holds the sandwich in both of his hands.

"Whew, that was-"