Meeting Emily's Boyfriend

Riley's POV

Today me and James were going out for dinner with my parents and Emily's new boyfriend, Evan, and I was not looking forward to it

Not because of Emily, or Evan. From what I've heard he's really nice. Plus it's great that Em finally has a relationship lasted longer than like two months. She was always kind of jealous that even though I was younger than her, I got a "proper boyfriend" before her.

But she wasn't the problem. It's my parents. They've never liked James, when we were first dating I assumed it would just take some time, but now, it's just plain rude. They clearly have put no effect in trying to get to know James, no matter what he tries. Which is why we avoid to see them as much as possible. Of course, they're my parents and I love them, but I also love James and it breaks my heart that they don't love him too.

Me and Em suggested that we should both just ditch and go out the four of us, but my parents had other plans. Technically, James wasn't even invited to the dinner, but I said if he's wasn't invited I just wouldn't go, of course I wouldn't make him go though if he didn't want to.

"James!" I yell, calling for my boyfriend.

James than walks towards me from the living room, smiling at me as he passes me.

"Yes Babe?" he asks me, god he sounds so sexy.

"You ready to go?" I ask back.

"Yep, all ready," he responds. "You sure you want to go?"

"I don't much of a choice Jay, she's my sister, and they're my parents. Though I wish more each day they weren't. Do you want to go? You don't have to, Em will understand. She knows how awful they treat you, also," I began, however, James cuts off my ramble before I can finish.

"Ri, I'm not going let you go alone. Now let's get going, if we're late your parents will kill me."

God, I hate how that sounds true. It really shouldn't be but alas, it is.

"You're right. Let's go."

James grabs my hand as he leads me towards the door, we were half way through when James stops.

"Wait, sorry Riley, I forgot something," he informs me.

"What?" I question.

James gently grabs my face and leans down to kiss me. The kiss is short, but very sweet. As is he.

He pulls away and says "I love you."

"I love you too," I respond, with a massive smile on my face, a smile only he can give me.

"Right I'm ready now," he says, gently grabbing my wrist to pull me out of the door.

At the restaurant

Me and James end up being the first people there. Ha mom and dad, who's late now! Emily arrives only a few minuets after us and greets the both of us with a hug, and Evan with a handshake introducing himself officially. Though of course at this point we sort of know each other quite well, despite never meeting.

After being there for about fifteen minutes we finally see our parents, which makes them ten minutes late. Also known as, we won! Screw you little bitches.

"Good luck," Emily whippers to the two of us as our parents approach the table.

"Hey my darlings!" my mother, Anna, greets, as she offers both me and Emily a hug, which we accepted, reluctantly. As my father, Stanley, joins in.

I then go and sit back down next to James, hoping that everything will work out well.

"Nice to finally meet you Evan!" my mother exclaims as she approaches Evan and asks him for a hug as well, followed my dad shaking his hand.