Chapter 17

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous

_Albert Einstein

Did I sleep walk to his bed?

No. That's impossible. I never did it before. Then how come I'm on his bed?
Wait a second. Did my egoistic husband carried me on to the bed after I slept?

That jerk.

Whatever I'm not in the mood to face him now. I'm sure he won't let go the last night's events without proper explanation.

As he is not in the room, I conclude that he might be working out upstairs. Without wasting anymore time I change my clothes and go out for my morning walk. I just love running in the natural environment rather than sweating out in those confined gyms.

After almost an hour I return back to the mansion. I slowly push open the door such that my head can fit in the small opening and take a brief look into the room. Sensing no presence inside I stealthily take slow steps without making any sound. After making sure he is not inside the bathroom I huff a breath of relief.

I quickly grab a set of fresh clothes from the closet and turn to rush into the bathroom to take a quick shower. But a sudden gasp leaves my lips and I freeze in my steps seeing the man I was avoiding standing infront of the mirror, cuffing his shirt sleeves and staring right into my eyes like a predator waiting for a right time to catch his prey.

Holy hell!

How did he come inside without making a noise. My gaze drifts towards the walk-in-closet to see the door slightly opened.

I sigh in relief.

Thank God. He is not some sort of witchcraftter who can appear or disappear anytime.

What?

This is the problem in arranged marriages, you will never know what's hiding beneath the mask of your husband.

A girl should always be careful.

Realizing that my eyes were connected with my fake husband through the mirror from a long time I blink away from his stormy gaze.

I take a few steps before a stiff voice reverberates in the silent room, forcing me to halt in my steps.

"I'm still waiting for your explanation"

Here goes nothing.

I turn towards him with an innocent look as if I'm not aware of what he is speaking about.

"I'm sorry. But what explanation you are waiting for?".

I see his fuming eyes through the mirror before he swiftly turn towards me. A terror runs through my bones seeing the look on his face. His eyes are screaming don't fuck with me or else the consequences would not be good.