Chapter 4

“You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
                     ●○○○♡○○○●

My eyes flutter, closing on their own, due to blazing sunlight as I arch my neck to take in the view of  tall skyscraper over 650 ft, almost  competing with the clouds to reach the sky.

I'm awestruck by the structure of  soaring steel and glass giants piercing the heavens with a nameboard PLEXUS & Co, engraved on it.

I huff massaging my neck to relieve the ache of staring at the tall building for almost five minutes, which is standing high amidst the others, in the bustling streets of San-Francisco in the states of Northern California. The city well known for the iconic Golden gate Bridge.

I finally step inside the majestic building, to be greeted with the men in expensive suits and women in formal business attire, busy in whatever the work they are carrying on, with high professionalism without caring about their surroundings

I walk through the glassdoors into the  passageways, noticing a young man in his early twenties, seated behind the desk with his gaze fixed on the computer.

That's a nice change to see a man as a receptionist.

I clear my throat, drawing his attention.

"Morning", he greets professionally with a light smile.

"Good morning, I have an appointment with Mr. Remington at 10 am ". I inform him with a smile of my own.

I tell him my name and he hands me a keycard for 60th floor, after confirming my meeting, and assists me to take an elevator.

After almost fifteen minutes, I reach up the floor to be greeted by a woman around my age, in knee-length white dress with a tight grey blazer wrapped around her form.

She smiles brightly seeing me.

"Hello, You must be Ms. Deshmukh", she greets me cheerfully.

"Yes, that's me", I confirm with her.

"Sir is in urgent meeting mam, you
can wait for him for ten minutes", she shows me the seat to rest.

It's exact 10 am now. I'm sure the ceo is perfect in his timing, as per the reports.

I frown at her words but decide to wait for ten minutes nonetheless.

I glance around the rich interior of the room as I cross my legs on the chair, waiting for the time to pass by quickly, so that I can get out of this headache.

The faster I'm done with this the better.

I recall the reports from dad's private investigator we received while we were on  the plane. I was dumbfounded by their high rate of success and accomplishments in the business field.