𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Probably," Xiao replied with casual indifference. The truth was, he likely needed to attend his classes, burdened by the numerous assignments their professor relentlessly doled out. "See you? Bye."

"Just bye?!?@?!? No thank you??? No GOOD bye???" Hu Tao exclaimed dramatically, earning an awkward chuckle from Ganyu as she gestured farewell to Xiao as she ushered Hu Tao out.

Despite her burning curiosity about Hu Tao's actions with Xiao's phone, Ganyu refrained from questioning her. The last thing she wanted was for Hu Tao to misconstrue her inquiries as a lack of trust.

Ganyu, succumbing to the exhaustion that lingered in her bones, collapsed onto her bed as soon as they returned to their dorm. Her typical bedtime is around 9 p.m. clashed with the late hour, a domain unfamiliar to her, unlike her night owl companion, Hu Tao, who could effortlessly navigate the wee hours of the morning. Ganyu's late-night ventures were typically reserved for urgent school tasks; otherwise, it was an early goodnight for her.

She made no effort to change out of her cardigan or remove the white ribbons Hu Tao had used to tie her hair into low pigtails. The matching aesthetic seemed to be a favorite for Hu Tao, evident not just in their synchronized hairstyles but also in their coordinated social media presence. From matching on their messenger app with Xiangling, Xingqiu, and Chongyun (#gayfuckers), to matching on TikTok with Lumine, and even on Twitter with Venti and Childe (forming a chaotic trio), the theme of matching extended to various aspects of her life.

She even had a matching lock screen with Yanfei, emphasizing her love for matching. It was a pleasant surprise at how she didn't nervously stumble, asking Yanfei if they wanted to match, considering Yanfei was her crush.

Xingqiu officially dubbed them "girlloser x girlboss," given the stark contrast in their academic pursuits. While Yanfei excelled as an excellent student with aspirations of becoming a lawyer someday, Hu Tao... is just going to be Hu Tao.

Hu Tao reclined on her bed, adopting a stomach-down position as she contemplated the decision to download the screenshots she had sent herself. A mix of uncertainty and determination colored her thoughts as she weighed the pros and cons of her decision. Xiao had entrusted her with his phone, but if he wasn't going to take action, someone had to. She weighed the pros and cons of her decision.

──────────

Dms - Hu Tao, Albedo

@Hu Tao: Listen here, you absolute piece of shit.

@Albedo: I'm sorry?

──────────

Oh, fuck, fuck, FUCK! Hu Tao couldn't believe she hit send without thinking twice. WHY DID HE SEE IT SO FAST??? What the FUCK was she doing??? Panic surged through her as she hastily crafted an excuse, realizing she didn't mean to send it yet. She was just pondering it, and she meant to hit backspace, NOT send!

──────────

Dms - Hu Tao, Albedo

@Hu Tao: AHHH, I'M SO SORRY!! I MEANT TO SEND THAT TO SOMEONE ELSE

IM SO SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME

@Albedo: It's okay, no worries.

──────────

Wha- HUH? Did he just... buy into her "meant to send it to someone else" excuse? Hu Tao was utterly dumbfounded. How did Albedo fall for something as ridiculous as THAT? Not that she was complaining; she didn't have to come up with another cover story.

Crisis averted! Great job, Tao, you 'genius' sister!

──────────

"I meant to send that to someone else, my ass," Albedo scoffed at Hu Tao's feeble excuse. Could she really come up with anything better? Honestly, he wasn't that surprised-a pathetic excuse from a pathetic adult who still pulls pranks as if they were 13 to cope with their own trauma and live the childhood they never experienced.

But what did this reveal? It likely suggested that the pitiful, pathetic man-child Xiao whined to Hu Tao, begging her to solve all his problems for him. Like the useless piece of shit he is, he can't do anything on his own, can he? Always finding a way to screw things up, he's so incompetent that it's almost pitiful. He can't handle any of his problems independently, choosing instead to rely on others to do all the shit for him.

A waste of oxygen, pathetic, worthless, and undeserving of any sympathy, really.

Just how pathetic do you honestly have to be to be so undeserving of life?

──────────

However, gossip has always been Hu Tao's guilty pleasure. Having close friendships with Venti and Childe, she believed she could confide in them, right? I mean, they're friends, after all. Friends wouldn't go behind her back or do anything to harm her or Xiao, right? She could trust them with this, surely.

After all, isn't it 'normal' to share such things with friends? They had their fair share of secrets and discussions, so this would just be another interesting addition to their repertoire. At least, that's what Hu Tao hoped, as she considered confiding in Venti and Childe about Xiao's situation.

──────────

hot losers (REAL NOT CLICKBAIT, ones a twink tho)

@Hu Tao: hey baes <33

wow, you all have been SOOO IA

@Childe: We don't touch grass, so there's not much to talk about, tbh

@Venti: OH WAIT, CHILDE ACTUALLY ALMOST GOT INTO A FIGHT W LUMINE

just BARELY

@Hu Tao: DANG, FR??? WHEN???

@Venti: LIKE IDFK, I FORGOT

I DONT REMEMBER

@Hu Tao: LIKE 2-4 DAYS AGO OR SMTH???

@Venti: YEAH

Wait how'd u know

@Hu Tao: HELP??? I WAS WITH LUMINE ON THAT DAY??????

HOW COME I DIDNT KNOW

@Childe: It was very early in the morning </3

@Hu Tao: OHHH, makes sense

ANYWAY, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE W YOU TWO

@Venti: TELL US

@Hu Tao: maybe its better i show you <3

@Venti: As in sending the screenshots or...?

@Hu Tao: ACTUALLY, WAIT

nvm, not yet </3

@Hu Tao: Still thinking abt it

@Childe: not you building up the suspense

@Hu Tao: BURN

@Venti: BRO, I WAS SO INVESTED

@Hu Tao: CRY ABT IT