Chapter 12 Second impact:

Start from the beginning

Hopping off of the ruined chandelier he looked at the damage. The ceiling wasn't damaged to bad, no risk of flooding them all, thankfully. And it looked like only Harold's legs were caught under the massive glass ornament

"I SWEAR IF I GET OUT OF HERE I'M GOING TO RIP YO-" Harold screams stoped when Brianna kicked him in his porthole. Jacob remembered what Gerald told him two days ago, he knew what to do.

"Harold, I know what happened. Your brother, your parents, everything. I'm sorry, but that gives you no excuse for stealing things from me. If you and your brother didn't have anything to eat you could have just asked for food. If you explained why you needed it and stopped bullying me I would have gladly shared." Jacob explained.

"Oh yeah? well I! ...wait what? Who told you that?" Harold asked, noticeably calmer than he was just a few seconds ago.

"Your brother told us." Bri replied, Noticing Harold getting mad again she quickly continued, "Gerald's fine! We met two days ago. True we fought, but Jacob and I didn't kill him. He gave Jacob this." Brianna finished as she showed Harold the, now empty, sack of explosives.

Harold nodded, recognizing the bag as the one his brother had been wearing since they had become Big Brothers. Jacob and Brianna helped Harold out from underneath the chandelier, the damage wasn't to bad. A few of the glass shards had pierced his legs, but they were quickly healing.

"Dude, I'm sorry for everything. Punching you, kicking you, calling you crazy." Harold said.

"Nah its okay." Jacob said, surprising even himself by actually meaning it. "No it is not, dunderhead" Bri clarified, flicking Jacob.

"No she is right, it's far from okay. Let me make it up to you." Harold said.

Stepping forward Harold refilled Jacob's bag of marbles and snapped off the blade on his left wrist before he welded it onto Brianna's left forearm. "I hope these will help you two."

"Thanks!" Jacob had to admit being forgiving was really paying off. "So who's your girlfriend?" Harold asked, "Harold, its me Brianna" she replied. "Oh." harold slipped out.

Examining the blade for a few seconds Brianna concluded it would come in handy in a close quarters fight where even her harvester would be to long, plus she could slash with it. Much easier than stabbing. The blade was on the bottom of her arm, pointed downwards. So if he were to shake someone's hand the blade would be right below her pinky finger pointing away from her hand. It was about a foot long so she could use it for blocking things as well.

Freezing, Jacob almost fumbled the words in an effort to ask the question that popped into his head. "Have you seen my Brother?" He asked almost to quickly to be understood.

Unfortunately for our hero, Harold shook his head. "I wish I could help you with that, but I haven't seen him since the crash."

"Oh, okay. Thanks anyway." Jacob muttered, crestfallen, and started walking away.

"But I know who has." Harold added quickly.

Pausing mid-step Jacob whirled around. "Who?"

"His name is Gear. He lives a dozen or so miles from here. You need to take a train to get there. Its the second stop, you'll need a pass though. Only Big Brothers and Sisters have them." Harold explained.

"I got mine when i finished my training" Brianna clarified.

"Where do I get one?" Jacob asked.

"You can have mine, I can just say mine broke or something, it happens." Harold gave a shrug and chuckled to himself. Bringing his hands up he took off his helmet. His mop of brown hair fell like water out of his helmet. He combed it back with his fingers away from his eyes after a few seconds of trying to see around it.