One

*I decided to post the first chapter a little earlier. Remember to vote and comment, I always apreciate it! I hope you enjoy chapter one of Blue.

Until next time!*

-LunaMoon

~Part I ~
Hostage

"But I don't want you to go," fourteen-year-old Taegan whines, stomping his foot petulantly as Blue stuffs a pack with sets of traveling clothes to the brim. "You promised you would teach me how to carve little animals! I want to make a rabbit and Ehren is so bad at carving that he won't be able to teach me!"

"I will be back before you know it," Blue, twenty-three, says to his little brother. "Ehren will give birth soon and he will need all the help he can get. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Ehren usually went on deliveries for their father but since he was pregnant, due in a little under a month, he could not make the trip any longer. Ehren would be giving birth at the beginning of September, though Blue was surprised Ehren hadn't given birth prematurely due to his stress-inducing mate, Godfrey.

Godfrey was a terrible drunkard, spending all his money on honeyed mead or fine wines that neither he nor Ehren could afford, especially with their pup on the way. He had not been outwardly cruel to Ehren, not that he would let on too much. Ehren did not want to have a pup with Godfrey but said the man had not taken advantage of him. Everyone believed Ehren, as he wasn't one to lie.

Godfrey would become a belligerent mess when drunk. He would kick down doors, hang off the side of stalls, frighten the animals, and smash plates among other things. Though he never laid a harmful hand on Ehren, not once. Blue knew that the man loved Ehren so. But he was an addict and he simply could not help himself.

Blue's father, Thayne, would be known to lock the man in a barn overnight, sparing Ehren, and their cottage, the stress.

Ehren had been assigned to take on the task of transporting goods across the border to the regions of Makhylde, Malluah, and Sverna before the war. He continued to do so even after the adjacent kingdom of Bothsarha was taken over by the kingdom of Pritor. Omegas were generally safer to travel along borders, as soldiers usually went after other soldiers, not innocents.

Though omegas were the safest to travel in war, not having to fear much for their lives, they were not free from potentially being taken advantage of along the way.

Blue was stepping in for Ehren, taking this one last trip to Latna, the closest settlement to the Northern Isle, located in Malluah, before the borders to his kingdom close.

The borders were being left open for a few more weeks, allowing packmates to return home if they were traveling out of the country. Just enough time for Blue to slip out and deliver one last order and be back before the borders shut for the unforeseeable future.

Pritor had not officially waged war as is customary, instead, taking to raiding and slaughtering smaller, defenseless kingdoms. It was a slimy, gutless way to fight but Pritor's king had no qualms about playing dirty.

The act itself was cowardly, going after unarmed citizens to get to their kings and queens. The King of Pritor had taken to killing men, women, and omegas, though they kept away from pregnant omegas and children. It was the bare minimum, but at least the most vulnerable were being spared.

Pritor was closing in from the west, which is why the Northern Isle was preparing for war. Since the Northern Isle was not allied with any of the kingdoms to the west, he was not required to assist in battle. Rather, he was preparing for when Pritor reared its bloodthirsty army upon them.