Under the Weather (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

But it seems she's finally beginning to realize that they probably never will be the same. That her wish was hopeless. That maybe she should get used to the fact that her family wasn't whole anymore. Cleo knew she needed to have a talk with her, to all of them. To talk about how she's been feeling, and about this whole thing they were in. But now wasn't the right time, maybe later when it catches up, they can. Knowing the way it's been going, it'll probably show her feelings about how her mom left, and then her mom will finally see what she left behind. And that's something she needs to know.

"Thanks for the message by the way Bev," Terry nodded. Seems like it wasn't worth the time though since they were faking it.

Dr. Holt: walks into the living room and gives them a stern look. They all turn to her. "I realize you're concerned parents. I'm a parent myself. But by entering, you've just committed yourselves to isolation." They all look around at each other.

"And if I'd known that I would've never walked in that door with you," Kim sighed. "Nice to know you care, Kim," Cleo said sarcastically. "It was so boring! I didn't want to be there for that long!" Kim exclaimed. "How do you think we felt?" "I thought you guys felt sick," Lewis teased.

Don: nods in her direction. "And, you are?"

Dr. Holt: "Dr. Holt, family doctor."

"Really? Had no idea," Zane said, rolling his eyes. Rikki grinned.

Bev: "Where's Cleo?"

Dr. Holt: "Resting, that's all she needs right now." Elliot heads into the living room, letting the parents deal with the conflict and Kim follows.

Bev: scoffs. "What Cleo needs is her mother. Wet towels and salt always fixed the girls when they were little." Elliot sits down on the couch, still holding his cup of water and Kim sits next to him. Bev begins to walk forward when she turns around and points at the bag Don was holding. "Don? Bring everything to the kitchen." Don passes by them, Dr. Holt watches them with an annoyed expression.

"Thanks for taking over," Neil chuckled; Lisa smiled. "My apologies, Neil. It's your house, I should've asked for permission first," Bev said quickly. "It's alright. We know you were just concerned for them," Lisa replied.

"I don't think wet towels will work this time," Mrs. Chatham chuckled. Bev's eyes widen. "Oh, dear. Don't tell me." "Ok. We won't," Rikki bit her cheek. "But just for the record, please don't do that ever again." "Duly noted," Bev nodded, hiding a smile. Neither one noticed the sad expressions on the two sisters' faces; being reminded of their childhood sick days, where their mother would take care of them the entire time with a loving smile on her face. How they missed it.

Cleo debated on whether she regrets wanting her mother back or not. On one hand, it was great to have her here, just hearing her voice made her feel somewhat nostalgic. But on the other, she couldn't help but feel angry that she hasn't bothered apologizing or saying that she missed or loved them. It was like she pretended the past few months hasn't happened! Cleo for sure though, that she was never going to forget it.

Kim: to Elliot as the adult meeting disbanded. "This is such a joke. I bet you there's nothing wrong with them."

"And I won that bet. So, pay up!" Kim beamed. "But we never shook on it," Elliot grinned. Kim looked at him, mouth agape in shock. "What! But you agreed on it!" "You agreed on it. I never spoke a word about betting," Elliot remarked. Emma smiled at him proudly. "That's my little brother," she said as she rubs his head. Kim crossed her arms, pouting away.

Elliot: takes a sip of his drink and looks at her. "The doctor said we're sick."

"Uh, correction. The doctor said they were sick, not you," Lewis pointed out. "I did turn out to be sick though," Elliot countered.