Under the Weather (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Emma: picks up their bags and lays them on the counter behind Rikki. "You're hopeless. So, can we go?"

Rikki: and Cleo look at each other, then finally give in to Emma's pleads. "Alright, alright. Such a stress head." They put their bowls down and Rikki hops off the counter. The two walk around the bar and grab their bags.

Neil stared at the screen in complete confusion. They were going to go? I thought they were going to skip out the whole day, but they actually decided to go? What made them change their mind? And as if he was able to read their mind, Don asked the questions for him.

"If you were going to go to school, anyway, then why did you guys change your mind and skip?" Don interrogated. "Because we had no other choice," Cleo sighed, knowing this was going to make them look bad; not bad-bad, but made them look like liars for sure. "You guys skipped school?!" Ash, Will, Bella, and Charlotte exclaimed. "As we said before, we had a good reason for it. One you will get to see real soon," Rikki said, slightly annoyed.

[The three of them walk out the front door and immediately stop in their steps when they hear thunder under the small covered porch. They look up at the sky and see the dark clouds rolling in, and the sounds of thunder coming with it. The darkness of the sky was sending them a clear warning that it was a threat as they looked at it extremely worried.]

Cleo: tries to keep their hopes up as they look at the sky. "Nothing to worry about. I checked the weather report and it's meant to clear up."

"One thing I've learned by now, it's to never completely trust what the meteorologists say," Don chuckled. "I've had plenty of incidents on the boat where I was stuck in a nasty storm."

Bella looks at the sky in worry, knowing very well what that meant for the girls. And now understands why they couldn't go anywhere, because if they did, the only way they would get to school is if they flopped their tails down the street.

[A flash of lightning carried throughout the sky and an even louder boom of thunder followed after it. And at the sound of the boom, the rain came after, flooding the street, the sidewalks, the yard, and the walkway that the girls were fixing to take. Rain pours from the sky, not leaving a single spot dry. The girls quickly take a step back to make sure they don't get wet.]

Rikki: looks at the other girls. "We wouldn't even make it to the street without growing tails."

"Oooh, yeah. I forgot about the rain. So that's why you girls didn't go," Don said in realization, nodding his head. "I knew there was something else behind all of this," Kim said smiling.

"That makes so much more sense. Emma would've never risked making a bad grade," Neil said, finally understanding the situation.

"You guys couldn't' leave because of the rain," Sam summarized. "Exactly. Lucky for us it only rains every once in a while. So, we never had to worry about it that much," Cleo explained.

"Lucky you," Bella muttered, letting a breath out. From her experiences with traveling so much with her father, Bella has seen plenty of places that had loads of rain. Currently in England, it has been raining quite a bit the past week, so she hasn't been able to get out of the house yet. Luckily, with her father knowing about her secret, she doesn't have to get questioned or forced to go outside or anything.

[Emma closes the door carefully behind them once they were back inside. Rikki heads for the living room, the other two following her.]

Rikki: "Since turning into a mermaid isn't an option, we have to stay here." She smiles at the thought and throws her bag on the couch.