Lovesick (Part 2)

Beginne am Anfang

Lewis: frowns. "This isn't right. She must be delusional or sick. Very sick." He taps his head as if he meant mentally.

"If I ever did date Zane, then assume the worst," Cleo laughed. "And vice versa," Zane shuttered, just thinking about it. He and Cleo together? No way!

Rikki: "Come on. Let's get out of here before she sees us." The two girls walk off as Rikki talks to Emma. Lewis was still frozen in place as they kept going. "Tell her to meet us at Mako Island." Lewis eventually follows the two girls after losing sight of Cleo and Zane, walking away in a huff.

"Ooh, sounds like someone's getting in trouble," Zane chuckled. "And you didn't?" Cleo asked him skeptically. "Probably more than you did," he sighed, looking over at his father. I highly doubt that, Cleo thought.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Zane walks down the stairs of his house that leads to the pool in the backyard. Zane had the papers in his hand that he brought back from the marine park. By the pool, Harrison sat in a lounge chair on his laptop. He closes his laptop and holds it in his hand, then stands up and walks up to Zane who had just got to the bottom of the stairs.]

Harrison: "Where have you been?"

Zane: looks up at him. "Since when do you care?"

"Shouldn't a father always care?" Bella said as if there were no wrong answer to it. Zane and Harrison looked at each other, both with regretful looks, then let out a breath and turn back to the screen. Bella gave them a strange look before also turning back to the screen, wondering why they never answered.

"Does this have to do with the phone call?" Annette asked. "Yeah," Harrison sighed, knowing this won't look good for him.

Harrison: "Oh, I care alright. I won't have you throwing away your future running around with you-know-who."

"I beg your pardon?" Don said, raising his voice. "How dare you talk about my daughter like that! She's a whole lot better than that leech you've been letting hang around him!"

"I called you to inform you of what was going on. Not to shame her! Now if they dated it would've been fine with me, but that is their choice, not yours. I just wanted her to be careful," Bev said furiously. Harrison gulped, the regret of his past beginning to rise as the guilt grew. "My apologies, Don, Bev. My past actions are not something I can change and can be very cruel and selfish. There's a lot I regret and that is one of them. Cleo is a far better person than Miriam or anyone else for that matter ... including me. I shouldn't have talked awfully about Cleo like that if Zane wanted to date her or not."

"Don't talk as if we are dating! That's horrendous," Cleo shuttered; Zane felt the same way, trying not to gag. "Yeah, don't put those images in my head."

Zane: "Who?" Harrison looks at him and straightens up. "What are you going on about? I've been doing research." He holds the folder up and begins to walk off.

Harrison: "Is that what you're calling it these days?"

"I was telling the truth!" Zane exclaimed. "I didn't know that," Harrison sighed, rubbing his forehead.

Harrison: walks up to him as Zane turns to him. "I'll spell it out for you, Zane. Focus less on girls and more on your schoolwork. Got it?" Harrison walks off, leaving Zane with a questioning look.

"I mean, yes that is true. That's what every student needs to do, to focus on their studies. But they also need a social life as well," Sam mentioned. "Just what every kid loves to hear," Kim sighed as the other teenagers in the room groaned at the reminder.