(Y/n and Hermione sit down at the front row together. Hermione turns to look at Y/n)

Hermione: Where did you learn to see if someone is an animagus?

Y/n: Reading.

(Y/n gives her a playful smirk and opens his book)

-------Time Skip-------

(Students sit attentively, looking front... at a McGonagall in her cat form. Harry and Ron suddenly burst in and glance around)

Ron: Whew! We made it, mate. Can you imagine old McGonagall's face if we were late first day out...

(Hearing this, the cat narrows its eyes, leaps up and transforms back into McGonagall. Ron's mouth drops open in amazement)

Ron: That was bloody brilliant!

McGonagall: Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. But perhaps it might be more useful if I transfigured Mr. Potter or yourself into a pocket watch. That way one of you might be on time.

Harry: We got lost.

McGonagall: Then perhaps a map. I trust you don't need one to find your seats?

(Harry and Ron Slink past Y/n and Hermione, sitting front row center)

McGoangall: Transfiguration is some of the most complex, dangerous and valuable magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Use it skillfully and it may, one day, save your life. Make a mistake and you could find yourself with a toad's head and a monkey's tail. All right then. Shall we?

(Harry and Ron exchange a glance, whip open their books)

Potions Class

(As Professor Snape paces imperiously, Y/n and the others sit in dead silence, eyes wandering to the pickled animals floating in glass jars along the cold stone walls)

Snape: There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to... not pay attention.

(Harry blinks, realizes Snape is looking at him)

Snape: Mr. Potter. Our new... celebrity. Tell me. What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?

(Harry looks at a loss. Hermione's hand shoots into the air and Y/n looks mildly amused)

Snape: You don't know. Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?

Harry: I don't know, sir.

Snape: And the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?

(Y/n sees Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle sniggering)

Harry: I don't know, sir.

Snape: Pity. Clearly fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter.

Harry: Clearly Hermione knows. It seems a pity not to ask her...

(Neville, Seamus and a few other Gryffindors laugh)

Snape: Silence! And put your hand down, you silly girl!

(Hermione wilts, Y/n looks pats her back. Snape steps toward Harry, eyes glimmering)

Snape: For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is know as the Draught of the Living Dead. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well, why aren't you all copying this down?