There'd better be a mirrorball

A/N: I'm already working on the requests and very excited about them!!! idk what this "chapter" is is but it is sad and i'm posting it just to break the smut cycle since there are two spicy chapters coming soon lol.

Reader and Alex decide to breakup.
No warnings

"You know, it's alright if you wanna cry." You said to him with your eyes watered.
His eyes started to tear up uncontrollably when he looked at you and he put his hands on his head, shaking it, trying to control his breathing.

"I know, I know..." He said looking down.

You both took a moment to breathe and drink some water. You looked at each other trying to find answers you both knew you couldn't provide.
It was a wednesday night, you both agreed earlier to talk about the course of your relationship today. You knew it was going to be difficult, but not this difficult.

"Al, the truth is, we can't pretend that this is working anymore."

"I know that, I do, but it really hurts. Like, it hurts so fucking much." He said. "And it hurts even more to know that i'm the one ending things."

"Alex, this is not just on you. We both want different things for the future and I feel like I'm holding you back. I want you to have a family, but I can't give that to you. And every time I look at you interacting with kids, I know that this is your dream. But it is your dream, not mine and I'm so sorry for that."

"You don't have to feel guilty about not wanting what someone else does, babe." He said. Your crying got louder.

You and Alex were together for five years. You both lived special moments together, moments that would be marked on you forever. Your career was recently getting started, it was already late for a woman your age to be successful and you couldn't bear the thought of having children and not dedicating 100% of your time to them. Alex had his career well established, he finished a tour and was ready to have a family. You were just starting to live your life and he already lived so much of his. Unfortunately, love was just not enough to keep you together.

That's when he said to you that you needed to have a talk about everything. And by everything, you knew it was your relationship. By your relationship, you knew there was a break up coming.

"I remember I said a few times that I wouldn't do this. I promised you. I promised you that I wouldn't break your heart. I'm sorry." Alex stated.

"This is not your fault, seriously, Alex." You answered. "It needed to be done. We don't want the same things now, babe."

"It's not anyone's fault, really." He said. "They say that to love is to let go. To let your loved one be happy. I don't want to ever make you unhappy and trap you into a cycle of unhappiness."

"I know." You leaned in for a hug and whispered in his ear.

"I hope we'll find happiness in life. I hope you'll be so happy that you'll forget about me."

"I'll never forget you, Alex. Ever."

She Does the Woods - Alex Turner One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara