Suck it and see

*Alex never made an effort to get along with you. You never even had a long conversation, but he is attractive and that's undeniable.*

Warnings: its kind of enemies to lovers tbh but there's mentions of sexual content

There he was with his back against the wall, a cup in his hands, talking to his friends. It was infuriating to you, that even though he was shy, he still managed to capture all the attention of the place. When he talked, everyone wanted to hear what he had to say.

You and Alex Turner met through friends in common but never really got along. I mean, he didn't make any effort to do such a thing, and it's been years and he still was the same guy as always: serious and mysterious. You exchanged some words but he seemed so uninterested in you, so you eventually gave up.

And there was this day, one of the most embarrassing days of your life, you were drunk and you tried to make a move on him. You always thought he was attractive, but the alcohol talked louder and you out of nowhere said he looked good and if he wanted to go to your place.

"I think you're too drunk, love." That's what he said. And then he went away. That was the last strike for you. He was a dickhead. A very attractive one, but still a dickhead. You never make the first move on anyone but the 3, 4, or maybe 6 drinks you had made you embarrass yourself.

After that, he acted like nothing happened. It was probably a regular thing in his life: a girl throwing herself on him and him saying no so effortlessly. You had a drink in your hand and talked to some friends about random topics. As the night went by, you could swear that Alex was glancing some looks at you, staring a little too hard for your liking.

And then, you suddenly got the courage to talk to him.

"Hey, Alex. How are y-"

"Do you like what you're seeing?" He said.

"Excuse me?" You replied.

"I said: do. you. like. what you're seeing?" Why did you feel like he was a sexy bastard saying that?

"Are you fucking drunk? I don't know what you're talking about, Turner. I just came here to say hi, but you're still an asshole so never mind." You tried to walk away but he pulled your wrist.

"First of all, I am not drunk, because I am not drinking. Second of all, don't play that game with me. I saw you looking at me, there's no shame in that. We both know that you want me. You always did." He was being playful, but you didn't think it was funny, just embarrassing.

"Shut the fuck up, asshole You said and went away. He kept laughing like he made the most funny joke in the world.

On the dance floor, you swung your hips like there was no tomorrow. People tried to approach you but you were too busy enjoying yourself. You were having fun until some stupid men started to grind on you. You tried to push him off but he was stronger and when you tried to turn to him to tell him to fuck off, there he was. Alex pulled you by your arms and said with a severe tone:

"Hey, babe" He said. "Time to go home, don't we think? Who's this?" He said looking at the man. "I'm her boyfriend, Alex." Those words made your eyes widen.

The man mumbled some words and with a pissed-off look he went away.

"Are you okay, darling?"

"I am, thank you. That was very kind of you."