The Big Chill (Part 1)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I would say babysitting, but we all know how that will go," Terry joked. "If I have to deal with any more kids than I do now and I won't hesitate to rip off a head or two," Rikki pouted.

Rikki: turns to her. "Oh, jobs have this hidden downside. They involve work."

"Gee, really? I had no idea," Kim sarcastically said, rolling her eyes.

"Now that's just lazy. True, but lazy," Sam said.

[Emma walks into the house with a blue clipboard and enters through the living room. She stops at the bar, where she finds her two best friends.]

Emma: "Hey, guys. You are looking at the brand new manager of the Juicenet café, for the whole weekend."

"Congratulations!" Lisa clapped. "Mom, you just saw it happen," Emma said, confused. "Yes, well now it's official," she smiled.

Cleo: smiles and walks over next to Rikki. "Perfect timing. Rikki was just saying she needed money to go to the Feral Robots concert." Cleo hands the magazine over to Emma while Rikki continues stirring her drink.

Emma: grabs the magazine from Cleo and gives a disgruntled look at it. "Ooh. You actually like that band?" She drops the magazine as Rikki gives her a slanted look.

"I beg your pardon?" Terry frowned, looking offended by her question.

"What's wrong with them?" Lewis asked. "Oh, nothing. I'm just not particularly... fond, of their music," Emma grimaced. "And yet you still went to their concert," Rikki smiled smugly. "Yeah, with earphones," Emma smirked.

Cleo: "So anyway, I was thinking, now you're the manager, you could give Rikki a job at the Juicenet café." Both Rikki and Emma look at her.

"That's actually a pretty good idea," Ash thought. "That's what you think," Rikki chuckled. "Easier said than done," Emma scoffed. "Let's just say things go south pretty quickly."

"Those two working together? Oh, I would love to see that," Kim laughed. Fire and ice don't go together, it only ends in disaster.

Emma: "Um-." The two quickly turn to her with Cleo giving her a big smile behind Rikki's back. Emma tries to think of an excuse, fast. "I don't, really think, Wilfred would want me to." Emma smiles and nods before letting it quickly fade, just like Cleo's. "No offense, Rikki."

"Really, Emma?" Lisa frowned. "Wilfred just said that you could if you needed the help," Neil said. "It's just, I didn't think Rikki would be able to handle it well. We don't exactly work well together," Emma slowly answered. "Not to mention she's definitely not afraid to speak her mind, especially to some customers."

Is it because of that? Or because you have certain standards you expect from everyone, Cleo thought, crossing her arms. "She's not wrong, some of them were very annoying. Especially a certain blonde brat," Rikki shrugged.

Rikki: looks up at her. "No, that's fine. I'm not much of a smoothie person anyway." She grabs her cup and walks off, Emma nods and frowns as Cleo marches around the bar to her.

"Or a kid's person, or a people person. You're not much of a person of anything," Lewis chuckled. "Thanks, Lewis, for the support," Rikki said deadpanned. As if I wanted to work with her anyway. Cleo roped us into it.

Cleo: whispers to Emma. "I cannot believe you just did that." Cleo grabs her by the arm and walks her further into the living room and glares at her, hands on her hips. "Rikki is our friend. Why wouldn't you hire her?"