The Big Chill (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"You alphabetized the fruits? And the juice bottles? That's a little overboard don't you think?" Rikki frowned. "There's nothing wrong with organizing," Emma defended. "But what if he had a system he worked around?" Will thought. "Well now he was a new, organized and clean system," Emma said, crossing her arms.

Emma: smiles proudly. "Organization's my thing."

"Yeah, no kidding," Elliot snickered. Hey, sometimes it could be a little annoying.

Wilfred: "Look, um, I have to go away for the weekend to a food and beverage conference in the snowfields. And I'll need someone to look after the café. Is that too much responsibility for you?"

"That's a big step for someone who just started working there. A lot of pressure to deal with," Max said. "It's alright, I could handle it," Emma smiled before it fell quickly as she was reminded of what's to come. Miriam. Oh no, what was everyone going to think? They'll think I'm a monster or something! "Not without some help you couldn't," Rikki smiled smugly, knowing exactly what Emma was thinking.

Emma: "No, no. I love responsibility."

"Why?" Kim asked. "Why not? It's nice sometimes," Emma shrugged. "You kids are a big responsibility, but we love you no matter what," Don commented, earning a smile from his two daughters. Bev looked down slightly, noticing that the two didn't look at her with a smile either.

"I'm starting to think something is seriously wrong with you, Em," Rikki shook her head. "Are you moon-spelled?" Emma sighed, rolling her eyes. "No, Rikki, I am not moon-spelled."

Wilfred: nods. "Good. Ok. And if you need to hire someone in to give you a hand-."

Emma: shakes her head. "No thanks, Wilfred. I'll be fine. I won't let you down. I promise." Wilfred smiles and walks away, leaving an excited Emma.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? It's a lot of pressure trying to do it all by yourself," Annette mentioned, knowing what it's like having to do everything on your own. It can be very overbearing. "Believe me, I know. But it can also be a lot of pressure with working with some people too," Emma said giving Rikki a pointed look. "You're the one who created the pressure," she muttered.

"You shouldn't make a promise like that. You never know what might happen," Mrs. Chatham warned. "Trust us, Mrs. Chatham. We learned that the hard way," Lewis shuttered.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Rikki and Cleo hang out in the Sertori kitchen as Rikki puts down a magazine advertising an upcoming concert on the bar. Cleo looks through the cabinet while listening to Rikki's rant.]

Rikki: "So over being broke."

"Aren't we all," Will snorted.

"I know how that feels," Lewis commented.

Rikki: "Worst part is, I can't even afford these tickets to the Feral Robots concert."

"Ah, I love their music!" Lewis said.

"They're the best," Terry smiled. "Now I know where you get your taste of music from," Emma muttered to Rikki who laughed.

Cleo: walks over to her and looks at the magazine. "Well, why don't you get a part-time job, like Emma?" Goes back to rummaging through the cabinet.

"Probably because last time she did it didn't go so well," Ash said, remembering her job with the criminal. "And the second time didn't go so well either," Emma winced. "You were partly at fault there," Rikki reminded.