Watched!

Hawks: Are you okay?

Me: Yeah... you?

Hawks: I am fine... but how are you able to see anything here?

Me: Oh... my eyes kinda adjusted, why?

Hawks: Just asking because it would be bad if we get up and it would be still day time... it might burn and sting in your eyes since it is soo much brighter.

Me: Good point.

We gradually made our way up and it was defitinely a long journey up but neither of us cared since we had to get up. There was one entrance and one exit and in between there was just nothing but monsters. 

Me: WAIT!

All of the sudden I stopped and called out to the hero. My gut was telling me that something was not right and I was sure about to listen to it. Not only that but I might not be able to see it but.... there seemed to be a bit of something layed from one end of the railing of that floor to the next. For me it looked like a net but I also didn't wanted to say it out loud.

Hawks: What's up?

Me: Can you see that?

Hawks: See what?

Am I the only one who can see it?

Or is his... wait... it is dark here of course the hero can't see shit around here.

Though how could he find me?

AH... nightvision goggles.... make sense.

Me: I can see something shimmering above us.

Hawks: Alright... Let's carefully get up then and not hurry anymore.

Me: Good plan.

As we got higher and cloer to the net, I started to see the outline more and more. That shimmering thing that I could see earlier was definitely reflecting something but I couldn't really understand what it was reflecting at all. There seemed to be light coming from somewhere but where?

Hawks: You are right... give me a second.

 He took out his feather and started to rip the net into pieces. Meanwhile I started to look around until I saw a dying flashlight on the ground. 

Me: Where you alone when you came down?

Hawks: No why?

Me: There is a flashlight over there.

Hawks: Where?

Me: There.

I pointed to where I could see the flashlight and it was just really barely alive. For me it was enough but maybe the nightvision camera was messing with it. Anyways, it took a bit but Hawks found it as well and it was just weird as it was there. Almost as if it was a trap to lure us to go there. That was what my mind was telling me.

Hawks: Huh.... how is that possible? There was nothing like that when I came to get you.

Me: Is that even a flashlight you guys use?

Hawks: It is.... 

Me: DON'T!

That idiotic chicken wanted to get closer but I quickly flew right between that flashlight and Hawks. We were still a bit away from the railing and the sides of this floor. No matter how hard I was thinking about it, I couldn't get why there was a flashlight on the ground. Nor could I puzzle it together how it could get there. The only thing that I was concerned was that it could be a trap since there was this net holding us back from escaping.

Hawks: What's wrong?

Me: Don't you think this is weird?

Hawks: I am but I am also a hero. It is my job to help others. If there is another survivor then we need to get them out of here.

Me: How did you find me?

Hawks: The vibration of your voice when I send my feather to find you.

Me: Then do it again.

Hawks: What?

Me: Do it again. I promise you, this is not what you think it is. Why should there be a dying light on the ground where you even passed this floor to get me. There was also no net and now there is one... I don't know about you, but I've seen some weird monsters.

Hawks: What kind?

Me: Let's....let's not talk about it for now.

Hawks: Sorry... I just... you're right. I got carried away. I thought it might me Ryukyu for a bit.

Me: Don't you think there would be more than just a flashlight here if it would be a heroes?'

Hawks: True... I hope she got out without any complications.

As we were there, we started to hear something. It almost sounded like a hissing but only almost. I don't know know... for me it sounded more like air escaping something than real hissing. Anyways, besides that sound, I started to feel uneasy... as if I was being watched and quickly started to back away getting closer to Hawks. 

Hawks: Let's continue and get out of here.

Me: Yeah....

We were definitely being watched and whatever that thing that just laid this trap was... it might be on the hunt for us. I hated to think this way but everything is possible and I prefer being prepared over not knowing anything at all and being surprised.