Surprise! (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

[Zane nods slightly, beginning to see his reasoning. Lewis points down while furrowing his eyebrows at him.]

Lewis: "Go and drop the anchor." Zane went to drop the anchor like he was told. Behind his back, Lewis smiled widely, his plan working so far.

"Why was I taking orders from you? More importantly, why did I believe you?" Zane shook his head, dropping it into the palm of his hand. "Because you had no other choice. I was your only choice at that time to try and find the 'sea monster.' And you had no idea what to do or any knowledge about it. Which by the way, made the plan work even more perfectly," Lewis said, raising his fist in victory. Until Cleo ruined it, that is.

"I can't believe you paid a hundred bucks for that," Harrison stated.

"I can't believe you didn't try taking more," Kim thought aloud.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[In the backyard of the Sertori property, Emma and Rikki walk into the birthday party with their gifts for Cleo's sweet sixteen and stand next to a colorful 'Happy Birthday' banner around some columns with party streamers and balloons and many more colorful decorations.]

Emma: looks at it oddly, along with Rikki. "This is just how I remember it from when we were kids."

Rikki: winces. "Unsettling, isn't it?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Will asked confused. Cleo buries her head in her knees, trying to hide her face from everyone as they discover exactly how her first sweet-sixteen birthday party went.

"So now you finally understand what I was telling you," Lewis chuckled, remembering that was the same look he had once he realized that Cleo's parties were never going to change. Literally.

Charlotte had a small smile on her face as she saw some of the party decorations, she had to admit they were actually quite nice and matched perfectly with Cleo's color scheme.

"At least someone understood that I've never been to one of her parties before," Rikki commented.

[They began descending further into the party, as the screaming of little kids get louder and louder, the decorations getting even more childish as they walk further. Kids ran past them with crowns and balloon swords. There was a ball pit next to the shed, full of colorful, plastic balls, a tube-man swaying up and down as if it were partying with them, clowns running around, chasing the younger ones, and hay bales and tables were scattered around. Rikki and Emma stand awkwardly to the side as they take it all in.]

If Cleo was embarrassed earlier, then she wasn't sure what she would call it now. Her face was pure red, her eyes widen, and her jaw dropped, groaning in absolute humiliation as she buried herself even further into her knees. She heard a few snorts, people who were trying very hard not to laugh right now, such as Zane, Will, and Ash. She heard them get cut off quickly; she assumed that they were taken care of by the people around them.

Everyone looked at the party in shock, their jaws dropped lightly like Cleo's and pity and regret began to feel their hearts. "Uh, tha-, erm, wel-," Bella stuttered awkwardly, trying to brighten the situation up, but failed miserably. "I-I don't know what to say."

"How about, wow," Kim grimaced, realizing how awful that party really was; age-wise at least, other than that it would've been a really awesome party for a kid. I can't believe I actually enjoyed that party. What was I thinking? It was so different now that she sees it from a different point of view, that and since she's grown up since then. No longer a twelve-year-old.