Shipwrecked (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

That's when an idea popped in his head. "Hey, dad? Do you know of any places that can remodel boats?" he whispered into his father's ear. "Son, if you're thinking what I'm thinking. Then I'm all ears. We'll talk about it after the whole theater thing ends," he whispered back, with a proud smile on his face, in which Zane returns.

[Mrs. Chatham travels out into the open sea, without stopping or turning back. Heading to who knows where.]

"Just where on earth were you planning to go?" Max said, a bit surprised by her actions. "Where do you think?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He looks at her, then nods slowly in realization as he mumbles the words. "Mako."

"For someone so wise, you sure do make a lot of mistakes," Denman said out loud. Mrs. Chatham laughs. "Well, I'm still human. I make mistakes just like everyone else." Denman nods then pauses. Wait, what does she mean by 'still human'?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Elliot makes his way downstairs and opens the fridge the next morning. He bends over, searching for something as he moves stuff around. Meanwhile, Emma runs downstairs, searching the kitchen and the living room in a bit of a panic.]

Emma: sees him and jogs up to him. "Elliot, have you seen Mrs. Chatham? She's not in her room and her things are gone." Elliot shrugs in response then goes back to rummaging through the fridge. Emma sighs then heads for the door.

"How can you possibly lose a 65-year-old woman?" Harrison chuckled. Probably the same way you lost your son sometimes. You never noticed, Rikki scowled, thinking of his past selfish actions.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Emma walks to the marina. She arrives on the docks, searching for Mrs. Chatham, only to find her boat has gone missing too. Pausing in her steps, she looks around to see if she hasn't gone too far, when Zane walks up next to her.]

Zane: frowns, noticing the damage done to his jet ski, as it sunk halfway into the water. "What's this?" Anger rises in him, done being patient. "That old bat. She did this." He begins walking toward his boat.

"And the trouble starts, now," Ash pretended to look at a watch and taps his wrist.

"Is this, when it all began?" Harrison gulped nervously, looking at his son with worrisome eyes, hinting about the whole boat incident. Zane looks down, a little afraid to see himself in another deadly situation. But there was a bit of curiosity that peaked his mind as he wondered who could have saved him during it. It had to be Rikki; she did it once, she would've done it again, plus she has superspeed in the water, she could've made it on time. Or maybe it was the red-haired mermaid he had first seen before. He had no clue who it was, and he never saw her again after that. Maybe he will find out during this whole screening thing.

"Yeah," he reluctantly admitted, trying to prevent himself from sounding weak. Harrison took a deep breath, trying to be brave for his son. But in all honesty, it's not easy when you see someone you care about in danger and knowing there's nothing you could do about it. The only good news was that this was in the past and Zane is still here with him now. Though that doesn't help his nerves at all.

Emma: calls out to him, trying to get him to stop. "Zane, you don't know that."

Zane: Turns to her, still marching for his zodiac. "Yes, I do."

"It's quite obvious who could've done it. I mean who else besides the last person who caused damage?" Annette said. "Maybe Nate. He uses Zane's stuff all the time," Lewis answered. "True. He is quite reckless with them as well. And sometimes he doesn't even ask," Zane thought.