Chapter 80: Old Demon

Start from the beginning

___

___

"Everything has been taken care of, your highness." Said Idonea, who had just appeared in the throne room and kneeled in a much-improved mood before Elif.

"Hmm, It seems like your anger has vanished. Was it that satisfying?" Asked Elif, still pondering about how he'll protect the sect.

"It was indeed very rehabilitating, your highness; I recommend you try it out if you ever feel angry in the future." Said Idonea with a slight smile before standing up.

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind; do you perhaps know how to engrave Formations?" Asked Elif with a light chuckle.

"I've learned some Battle Formations from the time spent in the RMA; other than that, I do not know Formations." Answered Idonea, shaking her head from left to right.

"That's unfortunate; it looks like I'll need to have a Formation Master from this realm engrave a protection Formation around the Sect." Commented Elif, feeling slightly annoyed.

Using my divine sense, I once again scanned the entire realm in hopes of finding a competent Formation Master, although I made sure to lower my expectation; otherwise, I'd find no one. After three seconds, I finally settled on one; he was living in one of the realm's most dangerous forests and living his life as a hermit.

"Stay here, Idonea; I'll be right back." Said Elif, standing up from his throne before suddenly disappearing.

Appearing outside the hermit's cave, which had many layers of protection, attack, and concealing formations; of course, the moment I appeared, every single one of them activated. Yet, they were all weak from my perspective, and with a single attack, I obliterated every formation; however, I made sure not to destroy the runes as I had no reason to.

Floating inside the cave, I'm met with a straightforward but nice living area, and while it may be small, we cultivators don't need much; as long as we got a room big enough to cultivate, that'll be enough. Deeper inside is a large hollowed area filled with many runes and formations, and standing in the center is an old man with red skin, two horns pointing to the sky, and a surprisingly muscular body.

"Hmm, a Demon, not many of you are left in this realm, much less one as powerful as you." Commented Elif as he scanned the nervous and frightened Demon.

"T-There are other living Demons beside me?" Asked the old Demon hesitantly, not wishing to anger Elif somehow.

"Yes, a small village in a neglected forest; only one-hundred and thirteen of you are left, including you, and they're hidden quite well." Answered Elif casually after having finished scanning the old Demon.

"Anyways, I didn't come here to talk; I came here since I need your expertise in crafting a powerful protection formation around the Colossal Sect." Said Elif, though he noticed the Demons' wrathful expression when he mentioned Colossal Sect.

"It seems like you side with the Colossal Sect. I don't know how they've gained the favor of someone so powerful; however I refuse to help the Colossal Sect in any way whatsoever. I'd rather die than help any human factions." Said the old Demon resolutely as he eyed Elif fearlessly.

'Ugh, all these inconveniences because of my dumb curiosity, so annoying.' Thought Elif while looking at the old Demon.

"First off, I don't side with humans, and I definitely don't side with Colossal Sect; I merely made a deal with one of the humans, and secondly, while I may force you to create a formation, I'll at least compensate you for your efforts." Said Elif as he forcefully grabbed ahold of the Demon with a Royal Elf's Palm before disappearing from the cave only to reappear sitting on the throne while setting the demon down.

"May I ask what type of compensation you're talking about, esteemed one?" Asked the old Demon with greedy eyes as his entire demeanor practically changed to a subservient one.

"It's Prince Elif, and the compensation could be anything, as long as it is a physical object. Now get to engraving the formation, as I'm sure it'll take a while." Said Elif as he waved his hand.

"But of course, Prince Elif, before I go, what type of protection formation would you like me to engrave? A defensive one? A reflecting one?" Asked the old Demon excitedly.

"Hmm, what is the strongest defensive formation you can engrave?"

"The strongest one I can create is the defensive energy formation. It is extremely expensive to use as it absorbs spirit stones based on the amount of damage it receives, but as long you have enough spirit stones, no one below a Divine will be capable of breaking through such defense." Explained the old Demon calmly with a hint of pride as he waited for Elif's orders.

"Perfect, engrave that formation. Also, you have a time limit of three months; you should be able to finish it by then, right?" Replied Elif, closing his eyes while resting on the throne.

"Three months is more than enough; I'll immediately get on it, Prince Elif!" Said the old Demon before quickly leaving the room and heading to a spot in the sect to begin engraving formation runes.

"Shall I go and bring Comet to you, your highness?" Asked Idonea, appearing out from the shadows

"No, I'll leave him for another day; I just want to cultivate right now." Answered Elif as he summoned an Immortal spirit stone and began cultivating.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 195: Elif's Demise) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 75: The Calm Before The Storm) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 125: Fisher Tiger Incident) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]