11

Kenadee knew she hated how things were. She knew that she was pregnant. She knew it wasn't planned. But she knew how hard that she was trying to make everything work for her baby.

She knew how she was having Jack's baby. She knew how she made a mistake by sleeping with him.

But she knew it was happening and she knew that she loved her baby despite the circumstances. She knew all that Jack seemed to care about was covering his ass so that no one found out that he was the one who had got Kenadee pregnant.

Kenadee knew it was a mess. She looked to her phone and rolled her eyes as she saw the messages.

She got dressed and walked into the kitchen. She smiled as she saw Ronnie. "Morning."

Ronnie looked to her and smiled. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

Kenadee looked to her and smiled. "Tired."

Ronnie looked to her and smiled. "I know it's not easy. But you have your family. You are not alone. And it will be okay. When you have this baby, and hold them in your arms, you will see everything differently," she said as Kenadee placed a hand on her bump and smiled.

She knew how things were. But she was trying not to give into Jack and the mess with him. But the fact that she was going to be a mum made her feel good.

She knew even if it wasn't how she wanted it, it was all she had ever wanted to be.

****

Kenadee stood in the square. She saw Katie and grinned as she walked over to her. "You smell of sex. I'm jealous. Does your dad know that you're screwing the lawyer?" Kenadee asked.

Katie looked to her and laughed. "No. Does your mum know who knocked you up? What my dad doesn't know him won't hurt him. He thinks I'm three years old still."

"Yeah well same with my mum. If she finds out she will hate me," Kenadee said.

Katie looked to her and smiled. "I know it's hard. But I am here for you. It will be okay," she said.

Kenadee sighed. "I'm having his baby. It's a mess. But it will come out eventually. The truth always does," she said as Katie looked to her and smiled.

Kenadee knew how none of this was easy. And it scared her. But she knew how she had no choice in the whole situation.

****

Kenadee got back to the house. She frowned as she saw Jack. She sighed as she looked to him. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Jack looked to her and sighed. "We need to talk. Who did you tell about that?" He asked as he pointed to her bump.

Kenadee looked to him and glared. "Excuse me?"

"You told someone. I got this. Was it Katie?" He asked as she looked to the note.

'I know what you did'

"How did you know it's about this? And Katie wouldn't do that," Kenadee said.

"This is about the baby. Someone knows. This is going to come out," Jack said as Kenadee paled feeling sick.

But just who knew?