Chapter 7

Timeskip
(Friday, 10am)

Nareum's pov

I told Eunseo about everything that happened these past few days with Mr Sim. She found it insane.

I'm sitting with her now, nervous to go up to his office. She's trying to calm me down but it's a big decision to make. And I'm basically given no choice.

“Hey, it'll be okay. Maybe it actually won't be so bad. Besides the fact that you have to face his father…”
Eunseo trailed off.

“Ugh, what the heck did I get myself into?”
I massaged the bridge of my nose.

“You can do it. It'll all work out. Just a few months and you'll be let go”
Eunseo caressed my back.

“Okay, just get through it. And you're done”
I told myself.

“Yes, now go”
Eunseo said.

“Okay. Thanks”
I said goodbye and went towards the lift.

I could already imagine the hell I'll be put in when I'm forced to be around him half the time. His dad was polite when I saw him, but I have a feeling that I won't be fit for his son.

But I can't lose my job. I tirelessly looked for a job, and this was the best place.

I knocked on the door, Mr Yang letting me walk through. Mr Sim wasn't at his desk. Rather, he sat on the couch.

“Have a seat”
He said after I bowed to him.

The room fell quiet when I sat down. I looked down at my fingers, waiting for him to speak.

“So what's your answer?”
He got straight to the point.

“I'll take up the task”
I hesitantly locked my gaze with his.

He gave a satisfied smile.

“Perfect. There's a few rules I have to set. You have to follow by them, or you know what you'll lose”
He said.

“Go on”
I crossed my arms.

“You can't back out of this fake relationship. On certain days, you'll spend your time with me so we know each other better. Lastly, act nicely in front of my dad. He's not easily fooled, so make us seem real when he's around”
He pointed in between us.

“Understood, now I need to know when this will end. I'm not going to keep this up for my entire work life, Mr Sim”
I said sternly.

He pondered for a while.

“Five months. You'll meet him officially at the third month mark, but it'll have to last long enough so he would think it's legitimate. I'll tell him we split by then”
He explained.

That's a promise. Don't drag it on”
-Me

“Same goes for you. You'll stay here for today. There's a lot I don't know about you”
Mr Sim shifted nearer to me so he could hear better, but still a safe distance between us.

“What do you want to know? And I have work to get back to”
I leaned back on the couch.

“Forget about work, I'm the one paying you. Just introduce yourself in detail to me”
He said.

“I'm 21, born on 17th July. My dad is an engineer, while my mom owns a bakery. I'm an only child. I don't have any hobbies, I'm on social media most of the time”
I just spat out whatever I knew about myself.

“No need to rush. We have an entire day”
Mr Sim wanted me to take it slow.

“Okay. Well, I'll share my likes and dislikes”
I said.