Chapter 2 - Planning

Start from the beginning

I turned to Sophia, "So when do you want to do this?" I asked

"Now?" She replied.

Before I could agree, our bill came.

"Here you go, " our waitress said as she handed me the bill.

"Oh, I can cover that, " said Sophia. But before we could argue for the bill or even look at it, two tall and muscular men with ski masks walked in both wielding a gun and a knife.

Everyone in the cafe noticed the two bulky, strange men when they entered and all looked terrified. I turned around, paused in shock, turned back around, and sighed. Sophia's eyes were wide with excitement.

"You know how to fight, right?" I asked her.

She looked confused. "You don't?" Then lowered her voice to a whisper, "You're in the CIA."

"Hello, fellow cafe customers!" The taller of the two men called out to the cafe.

He pointed his gun at our terrified waitress, who was glancing between the men and the cash register. "Go grab all the cash from there, " he pointed at the cash register, "and don't be afraid to grab me a pastry either."

The waitress ran off. There was panic throughout the cafe, and while no one wanted to be robbed they obediently handed over their valuables, knowing they had no other choice.

The second man walked over to our table.

"Hand over your phone, wallet, and any jewellery." I looked over at Sophia. She gave a tiny nod indicating I should just do what the man said. She reached into her pockets to pull out what I hoped was a gun, but in reality, it was just her phone and wallet.

"Wotchu lookin' at?" asked the man with a thick British accent. "Take ou' your valuables. Now. Or would you rather me shoot your girlfriend over here?" he briefly took his gun off me to point at Sophia. She immediately dropped her belongings and raised her hands, looking terrified.

Oh, that's your plan.

"Pick it up, " said our robber.

I handed over my belongings as Sophia kneeled over on the ground to pick up her stuff. She stood up and handed her valuable items to the robber, who turned the gun on her. Before the robber or I could even react, Sophia redirected the gun up and away from her. It went off with a bang, shattering the window behind us into a million pieces. The bullet went off into the busy street, and I hoped no one was hurt.

The robber started to commence swat as a lame counterattack that was promptly blocked by Sophia. Then, she delivered a bone-shattering backward kick to the robber's head that knocked him unconscious.

The patrons of the cafe, already on the edge of their seats, were terrified by the sudden movements and noise. I saw a girl pass out in her seat out of the corner of my eye. The waitress froze between the tables holding a brown paper bag (that I presumed contained money) and a plate with a chocolate croissant on top.

The other man turned in our direction, but Sophia aimed his partner's gun towards him before he could raise his own.

"Drop it," she said with a surprising tone of authority aiming the gun at the second man.

"Woah," he said, "don't shoot." Then carefully placed his gun and knife on the ground and raised his hands into the air. While keeping the gun trained on the criminal, she took out a handcuff from her utility belt and handed it to me.

"Cuff the guy on the ground," she told me.

Outside, the police arrived with their sirens blaring, though I wasn't sure who inside the store could have called 911.

I quickly rushed outside to calm down the situation before it could get out of hand.

As I walked out, the police pulled out their guns to aim them at me, using their squad cars as cover for their bodies.

"Hands in the air!"

I obediently raised my hands. "I am a CIA agent," I told them. They all looked at each other, surprised that the CIA was involved. "My badge is in my left back pocket."

One of the officers ran out from behind cover to verify if I was telling the truth.

I felt him grab my badge out of my pocket and after a second of inspection, he called out to his fellow police officers.

"All clear, he's okay. Move forward and try to calm down the situation inside the store. Officer Kim," he pointed to one of the officers. "Try dispatch for an ambulance, it appears we have a man down." I assumed he was talking about the robber Sophia knocked out.

"I'm Captain Stark," he held out his hand, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Agent Ripley."

I shook his hand and Captain Stark quickly ran inside to take statements from the customers and arrest the criminals. "Stay right where you are," he yelled at me, "someone will interview you shortly."

Sophia walked over to me and looked at the ruckus that was caused.

"Oh, and to answer your question from earlier," I told Sophia, "I guess now would not be a good time to execute our plan."

She rolled her eyes.

This chapter took way too long to write. On the bright side, I wrote it. On the not-so-bright side, I don't think Tehimpossible appreciated my speed.