CH. 17 Paint War

Buckets of paint covered a huge portion of the classroom. It caught my interest right away. Out of curiosity, I could not take my eyes off of them as I placed my bag on the desk. Crossing my arms casually, I leaned the end of my back against the edge of my desk. I wondered what Isabel had in mind with this?

"Are we going to have a paint war?" Kayla joked.

Isabel came walking to the buckets, "Not per se," a mischievous smirk was plastered on her face.

"Ms. Hart?" Kayla motioned for her to elaborate.

"A few days ago, I told you guys that you had to let loose. Well, we're letting loose today again," excitedly, she grinned. "If you'd follow me please," she directed us into the other room. Walking in, we saw a little set up. Judging by the floor protectors, I guessed that it was going to get messy. On a desk, there were worn out clothing. "We'll be throwing paint at the wall," she signaled to the set up. "But," she motioned for us to pay close attention, "with Nikki in front of it," she said what now?

Ooh's went around.

"Whoa?" my eyes went big.

"Yes, paint will be thrown at you," she confirmed, having a kick out of it. "Sorry but it wouldn't be just as fun with only the wall," she justified.

Lori laughed, "Why Nikki though?"

Yes! Why me? I mean, I was hoping to be the one to throw the paint. Not to have the paint thrown at me.

Isabel pretended to be thinking about her response. "Because she's class president," she replied.

Sarcastically, I snorted, "Fair enough."

Isabel laughed, "It'll be fun," she assured.

"Yeah, for them!" I couldn't help but to chuckle.

Isabel's smile made my heart flutter. Looking at Lori right after that made my heart ache. Guilt still lingered. Trying to figure out who's the one who made my heart go ah right now, I looked back and fort between the two. I couldn't tell though. Isabel made my heart go crazy like when you're away from home out on a adventure. But Lori calmed my heart down and brought warmth to it like when you come home after being out on a adventure. Ugh, it was so damn complicated.

Isabel pointed to the washed out clothing. "Girls, go change," she instructed. "The first ones to be done need to bring the paint back in here," she ordered and walked out of the room.

Kayla rubbed her hands together, wickedly, "This is going to be awesome," teasingly, she gave me threatening eyes. There was no doubt that Kayla was going to be the worst during this activity. I mean, look at the eagerness in wanting to drown me in paint.

After grabbing the clothes, we started changing in front of each other. This felt like being in the locker rooms. First thing I did was take off my blazer. Started unbuttoning my shirt. Taking this off was like taking off a prison jumpsuit. I felt free.

Throwing on the old stained shirt, I looked up and caught a glimpse of Lori. She stood facing me but had her head down as she prepared to put on the other shirt. Seeing her in her bra made me want to do stuff to her. She was just so beautiful. To think that I used to be able to go up to her and kiss her as much as I wanted but now all of that was different. I had no right to do that any longer.

My eyes roamed her body as she changed out of her skirt. Now only being in a t-shirt.

I felt a nudge in my ribs, "Could you be any less discreet?" Kayla teased. I sighed. "Nikki, she may not see you but everyone else can," she warned.

"So? It's not like they're not expecting it," I shrugged it off.

Kayla used my shoulder as support for her elbow, "But still, try to not make it so damn obvious," she insisted. I wiggled her arm off my shoulder. "By the way, why don't you talk with her already about getting back together?" she questioned, as if she were tired of waiting.