Me and Scott are in the car and I am demolishing this chicken sandwich. I'm driving now because I'm going to take us to a place that I know, but he doesn't know that yet.

"Nate! Eyes on the road! Fuckin sandwich."
He insulted my sandwich! "Don't be mean to it! It's had a hard life!" He hits me and a pickle falls out.

There is a gas station on the next turn and I head in. I stop the car and I just stare at him blankly.

He looks confused "what? Why'd you stop?"

I close my eyes and sigh. "You made my pickle fall out. Wait-WAIT NONO!" He burst out laughing and whispers, "not the first time" I pinch my fingers between my eyes. "Scott... let's go get chips". "Where are we going?" He asks. I open the door and don't answer him.

—————

I got a family sized bag of queso ruffles and he got... candy? Whatever. "Really, where are we going?" "It's a secret place with candy and rainbows Scott." We pull into a secluded area behind some train tracks.

"What is this place?" He's looking around like a curious child. "I used to come here when-...." He looks at me. Shit. "When what?" Okay "Back when, I was going through stuff" he looks at me funny and sits down on an old bench, gesturing me to sit with him. "Do.. do you want to talk about it?" He seems hesitant.

Fuck I've never told anyone do I want to no yes maybe fuck I trust him do I I do. "You know how I don't like it when people call me Nate? Besides you obviously." He looks down just listening "well I have a reason I guess." No shit get to the point I'm trying. "Well like, two years ago.. I knew this guy. He was my... friend. Well I thought he was at the time. God I was so stupid! Everyone could see it, he was fucking crazy! But I couldn't." He was looking at me now, not zoning out or ignoring me, genuinely listening. I start again. "There were times he used to do things, things I said no to. He wouldn't listen and I just-IM SO STUPID... I couldn't say no...I tried to tell him stop or don't but he wouldn't listen. And he would call me that name ""Nate"". When you say it though! It makes me feel...safe? I don't know..." he doesn't say anything, he just pulls me into a hug and I hug him back. It feels good so good.
I feel a gust of wind and I hear a loud sound. THE TRAIN. "Scott look!" I point behind him and the train starts passing. The wind feels amazing and Scott is clutching onto me like a scared kid "Scott it's not bad just relax!" He loosens his grip on me. "It does feel kinda good!"

—————

The train leaves after a couple of minutes but he's still holding me. "Nathan, I'm glad you told me that." I don't know what to say at this point. He shifts up eye to eye with me and brushes my hair away. OH MY GOD HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL. He moves again and kisses my forehead. It's quick but it feels like slow motion and I want to melt. What did I do to deserve such an amazing beautiful person. He lays his head on my lap and I can't not play with his hair. He makes a deep sighing noise and closes his eyes.

Almost half an hour passes by before anything happens but then he gets a text. He looks at it but ignores it before moving to lay on his back with his head still in my lap. We make eye contact and he opens his mouth. I think he's about to say something but nothing comes out and he closes his mouth again.

"What?" I ask.
"Nothing" he smiles at me and it looks like he's almost studying my face.
"Really what??" Im so confused.
"You're just cute." I smile and look away. Wait since when do I get like that what the hell.
"I mean it. I could look at you all day." He says the last part in a whisper but I hear him. I lean down and give him a quick kiss.

"Do you think Sam has a girlfriend?" What.
"What?" What? "Well you know, he's rarely sleeping at the house anymore, he's all happy and shit, and, I've heard him talking to someone all the time on the phone."

"Well shit. Maybe? That sounds-yeah he's gotta be."
"Huh. I wonder why he's keeping it a secret. Oooh maybe it's not a girlfriend!"
"Nah he's straight we actually had a talk about that when I came out to him"
"I guess I'll just have to wait then." He slightly frowns.

He looks at his phone again and his eyes widen. "Shit Nate it's one fifty we gotta go. Fuck won't he be confused if you're already in the car?" He gets up. "Nah I'll say I got in the car fast if he asks."

Scott

We make it just on time and I'm a bit nervous for no reason. I can see Sam walking to the car but he's walking slow.

He gets in. "Yooo where'd you go by the way?"
"I went to the house, played Minecraft. Why?" I start driving and he turns to me. "You got some rumors man. Not too many cause like no one knows you." He smirks and I hit him. "What were they? Wait do I even want to know?" He laughs. "Dude there was one that you got with Sandy!" I cringe. "HAHA dude it wasn't that bad but woo."

I look in the rearview mirror and Nathan's smiling while looking at me.

—————

When we get home Sam rushes to his room and I look at Nathan. "I told you. It's gotta be someone." We both get out. "Aw let him have his grace period."

Okay so that was a bit long but I like it. Is it stinky🙁 please at no.